ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

'Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.'
- Elaine Davis

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

-ˋˏ ˎˊ

There was nothing, absolutely nothing for a while, it was just darkness and emptiness. No sense of what was happening.

Static noise turning into the laughs of children playing, sounding like a busy and bustlingly pleasant gathering.

Her eyes closed and twitching, trying to concentrate on the familiar sounds around her, it sounded like she was at the village. Dahliä's hands touching a something, a hard surface, that then transitioned to a very soft and leafy one. Her bright eyes flustered open, staring at the ceiling.

She was felt weak, the first time in her life when she felt weak.

Dahliä slowly got up, trying to recognize her surroundings, she had realized she was in a pod. Flowers surrounding her, too many in fact, a set of medical kit in the corner of the pod resting next to her clothes, a bed next to hers. She began to feel her body, was this real?

What happened?

She was with her grandfather a second ago, and now, she wasn't- no. She died in front of her family, in front of Lo'ak, her parents... Malìk. Was Spider there too?

Trying to recollect herself, her fingers traced towards her lower stomach, she was patched up- it was clean, brand new, that's where he stab wound was. The girl slightly pressed it down, trying to make sure it was real that, that's what happened to her. A painful hiss escaped her lips, this was real.

She felt her hair reach her back, it was really big, it had grown a lot. How was long was she out for?

Dahliä began to walk towards her things, all of her clothes was there, all of her tokens of memories, her song cord, her grandfathers- where was Neteyam's? She held her bandage as she walked out of the pod, the brightness of the sun blinding her eyes.

She seemed to be near the beach, there was fishermen everywhere, children playing with each other, the girl walked out. People slowly going quiet as she went past them, their faces pale and blank as if they've seen a ghost. Dahliä stared at them, keeping her guard up.

The teen walked past a group of children, "Come on!" Her eyes perked up at the voice, so sweet, so full of life- her head quickly turned back, her eyes meeting a little girl. The little girl played with some children, but they were definitely older than her.

Two girls by the bay of the water talking, and five boys, one of them looking strange compare to the others, all swimming in the water just next to to the girls. She recognized them, she recognized all of them, but couldn't quite know why. One of the girls seemed to feel eyes on them, and turned around, her eyes widened in shock and her face stayed still. The other girl shot a confused look before slowly turning around.