Epilogue

Two years later

"Ava Elizabeth Littleton-Richards." Principal McCarthy says into the microphone. I stride across the stage with pride and send a flashy smile to the crowd and watch as my family sits in the audience and cheers and claps for me. That's right, I graduated.

"Garrett Liam Hawkley-Richards." Garrett being the tool he is, walks across stage and flexes both arms, showing off his muscles. Gar got super into fitness senior year and he's going to college to be a personal trainer. The girls in the audience whistle and he winks. 

"Natalie Madison Johnson-Richards." Nat walks across the stage like its a catwalk and flashes her smile, laughing as she finishes to the other end of the stage.

We take our seats back with our class and wait for the rest of the students to make their way across the stage.

"And I present to you Hamlin High's Class of 2023! You may now move your tassels! Congratulations, you graduated!" Principal McCarthy announces into the microphone and we all toss our caps into the air, parents whistling and cheering behind us.

Hailey has completed two years of college and has earned her associates in business and currently interns at a bank.

Emeleyne will be entering her sophomore year at Hamlin high and Adam will be entering his junior year. Emeleyne plays volleyball and is in the yearbook club while Adam plays football and charms over all the ladies.

Lily just finished second grade and plays soccer and takes dance. She's blooming into a beautiful young girl who loves to be with her family.

And Maggie, can't forget about precious Maggie. Maggie just finished elementary school and is off to middle school in the fall. She's close to the family and even comes over to dinner with her mom and dad once a month.

But that's not all...

My mom is currently two years sober and my dad married this nice woman he met on a dating app, they moved to Los Angeles and I'm currently waiting on my half-sister to be born. 

And Natalie's dad was released from prison. He visits once a month and they're starting to form a relationship again. 

Nat and I move into our own place this August, just like we said we would. We will both be studying at Ohio University. Natalie will be studying Psychology and I will be studying Early Childhood Education and teaching.

Life might've thrown us some curveballs but us Richards kids are strong and we wouldn't change who we are for nobody.

The End