008. | MANNERS MAKETH MAN

— AFTER HOURS, LANDO NORRIS

"Lan, I'm absolutely bloody freezing!" Emery complained, leaning into Lando as they strolled through the streets of Bahrain. The rain had started to drizzle lightly, but neither Daniel, Heidi, Lando, nor Emery picked up their pace, seemingly unfazed by the weather.

The two couples had enjoyed a delightful dinner in the city and decided to take a walk before heading back to their hotel. With an early start for media day at the track looming ahead, they knew it was time to call it a night.

"What am I supposed to say? Congratulations?" Lando retorted, his lips pressing together in mild annoyance. "I'm cold too, Ems." he added, his tone softening to avoid sounding rude.

Emery pointed out the obvious, motioning to the black blazer Lando was wearing. "You're literally wearing a jacket right now!" she remarked, a hint of playful exasperation in her voice.

"And I have nothing!" she exclaimed, her dress with thin straps were offering only a little protection against the chilly night air. She had underestimated Bahrain's nighttime temperatures and the duration of their outing.

Heidi, on the other hand, had a boyfriend with manners. Daniel had offered his jacket to shield her from the cold.

Emery, however, found herself the less fortunate one as Lando tightly clutched his jacket to his chest, emphasizing his own discomfort and silently implying that Emery would have to endure the cold.

Emery glanced ahead at the couple walking in front of them, observing the exchange between Daniel and Heidi. A long sigh escaped her lips as she nodded, accepting her fate of going without a jacket. She resigned herself to the chilly night, determined to make it through until they reached the hotel.

Just as Emery reached this resolution, Lando finally noticed the selfless act of kindness happening ahead of them. Daniel, wearing only his shirt, had given his jacket to Heidi. The realization washed over Lando, flooding him with a sense of embarrassment and self-awareness. He ran his hands through his hair, silently chastising himself for his childish behavior.