14

When Nari awoke, her eyes instantly fell to the clock beside her. 2:34AM.

She sat up in an instant, but someone's hand reached up to her shoulder, pulling her back.

"Go back to sleep Nari, it's alright." He whispered, and as Nari rolled over, her eyes locked with Yeonjun's.

She remembered the feeling of his lips on her neck, of his teeth sinking into her skin, of the excruciating pain-

She instantly pulled away, getting out of the bed.

Yeonjun sighed, sitting up on his elbows.
"I'm not going to hurt you, Nari. Come on, come back to bed."

"No, you bit me, you drank me, you're.." Nari was stammering over her words, as Yeonjun sat on the edge of the bed, glancing up at her, sighing, and within the second was standing in front of Nari.

"Soobin compelled you to be calm, you shouldn't be panicking right now." He mumbled, and then they were in Nari's head.

"What are you doing?" Nari asked, noticing that in the moment, they were back in her house.

Yeonjun smiled. "We are in your head, because I'm trying to figure out what's happening. You see, Nari, you shouldn't be able to break free of the compulsion, unless someone's drawn the magic away from you, or you've been compelled over. But you've been asleep, so that's not possible unless someone was in your head."

Nari just blinked, leaning against the kitchen wall. "Sure, okay."

Yeonjun smiled sadly, rushing through the house.

Then he found it, her and Beomgyu, in her room.

A memory - one that had been hidden, but it was a memory.

"Where are we, Gyu - I, I remember Soobin, and Yeonjun was really sick, and he needed my blood... oh my god, am I dead?" Nari asked, as Beomgyu shook his head and laughed.

"No, you're not. You're asleep, Nari, I'm in your head." Beomgyu said, holding her hand.

Nari pushed away. "Are you a vampire as well?"

Beomgyu shook his head. "No, I'm not. They're lying to you. I just want to help. You could say I'm a witch, I suppose, although it's kind of a strange title for a guy."

"Is this meant to make sense?" Nari asked, smiling weakly as Beomgyu chuckled.

"No, not at all. But it's okay, because they're going to make you forget it all anyways." Beomgyu explained.

"Why? Im not scared of them, or of you. It doesn't worry me, you're still my friends." Nari said, but Beomgyu's expression fell.

"It doesn't matter, you'll risk exposing them. You can only trust me, okay?" Beomgyu said, before he turned, and locked eyes with Yeonjun.

Yeonjun gasped, stepping back from Nari, as he held his now bleeding nose.

Nari stepped further away from him, before she gently stepped forward, pulling his hand away.

"You idiot. You're meant to pinch your nose and hold your head forward." Nari said, moving his hand over his nose.

A smile twitched on the edge of his lips, as he pinched his nose, and leant forward as Nari had said.

She smiled. "There you go. Are you going to make me forget about you now? You know, I'd say it's kind of cool about what you are, but you almost killed me."

Yeonjun's smile dropped. "I'm sorry, Soobin's orders. It's for your own good, really. When you know what we are, you become a target. Unless you turn, but..." his voice trailed off, letting go of his nose, and reaching for a tissue to clean up his face.

"I don't want you to become like us. Immortality can be miserable all alone." Yeonjun said, smiling as he locked eyes with Nari.

"Immortality wouldn't be so bad if I spent it with you." Nari whispered, taking the tissue from his hand as she wiped a bit he missed.

Nari's heart was thumping in her chest - Yeonjun could hear it, but over the fluttering of his stomach.

He shook it off - he didn't feel these things, he wasn't meant to feel these things.
He was dead, that's not how he was.

"Nari, we couldn't. I couldn't. I can't take your life from you, so that's the end of it, okay?" Yeonjun said quietly, as Nari just nodded.
She couldn't help but feel her heart ache - she was so open to him, but she was shut down.

But of course, he wasn't human. He wouldn't feel the same, she was nothing compared to him.

Just a weak, insufferable human.

His necklace dangled forward, as she noticed the burn on his skin.

"Your necklace..." she started, as he just tucked it back under, cringing as he felt his skin burn.

"Don't worry about it, it doesn't hurt too much." Yeonjun shrugged it off.

"It's burning you." She said, going to pull it off, but Yeonjun stopped her.

"It's so the others can't get in my head. Like I said, it's miserable enough being alone without your friends constantly prying into the darkest parts of your mind. I'll get you one, okay?" Yeonjun said, before he held her hand.

"Are you ready to forget it all now?" He asked, as Nari nodded.

"Please, just do it quickly. But, make sure I remember the nice bits, okay?" She whispered, looking up at him as she gripped onto him.

He exhaled lightly. "Nari, we had a sleepover. You, me, and Soobin. Soobin fell asleep on us, and we started joking about what we would do if we were immortal, which led to us flirting. And," Yeonjun whispered, leaning in to place a kiss on Nari's neck, where he had drunk from before, "we made out, but that was the end of that. We fell asleep, and overall had a fun night. Nothing else happened, you don't remember us being vampires, about the wolves, about anything. We just had a fun human sleepover, and that was all. And now, you're going to go back to bed, like we have been." Yeonjun compelled, as Nari blinked, yawning.

"Goodnight Yeonjun." She whispered, leaning up to kiss him on the cheek, before letting go of his hand and his clothes, and shuffling back into bed.

Yeonjun went back in beside her, laying his arms over her waist, her snuggling into his chest.

When she woke up, she would have forgotten all of it, right?

Nari woke up, a strange feeling in her stomach.

Yeonjun's touch was burning her, as she tried to shuffle away, he pulled her back, causing her to breathe through her teeth.

"Yeonjun, please let go. I don't feel right." Nari said gently, pushing him off as she sat up.

There was something nagging in the back of her head.

She had to go to him, she didn't know why.

She picked her phone up, looking through her social media, instantly finding him.

"Hyunjin, I need you."
Read, 08:34AM