03

"What are you, a vampire? Geez you're weird, come in." Nari scoffed, as Yeonjun stepped inside happily, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"You live alone?" He commented, noticing the lack of noise within the house.

"Me and the roof rats. No, my parents are just busy workers."

"On a Saturday?"

That caused Nari to freeze. "Yeah. Just recently they've taken up weekend shifts to cope."
She bit her tongue, realising she said too much.

"Cope with what?" Yeonjun inquired, turning to look at Nari with a raised eyebrow.
He was fascinated with her. He felt he may as well know a bit, lull her into a sense of safety, and then drink from her neck until she's on the brink of death, and then force her to forget he was ever there.
The usual way of things, he thought.

"Nothing, don't worry about it. Anyway, I had an idea of what we could do for our project." Nari said, stumbling over her words, as she pulled a video up on her phone.

"I thought we should do a couple-like contemporary dance. She said she was grading us on compatibility, so with contemporary dance it doesn't matter if we're in sync, just as long as it's on beat to the song." Nari explained, watching to see if Yeonjun's expression changed.

"Cool. That can work. Want to run me through what you think instead of showing me a video?" Yeonjun asked, looking into her eyes.
She felt intimidated every time she did that, like she wanted to shrink down and hide.

"Go on Nari, dance for me." He whispered, his voice lulling as she nodded, turning the music on.

Yeonjun watched in fascination at the way her chest heaved as she exhausted herself, and the noise of her blood as it rushed through her system.

Yeonjun shook that thought away, pinching his nose.

"Okay, you can stop now." He said, shaking his hand as Nari stopped mid-dance.

"Let me just fix some things." He said, and as she blinked he was right behind her.
"Can you stop doing that?" She asked.
"Doing what?" Yeonjun questioned, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Moving so fast. I swear you're in one place one second and another the next." Nari shuddered.

Yeonjun fell silent. "You're just tired. Don't worry about it. Now," He whispered, leaning in close to her neck.

Nari felt her face heat up as he got closer, but then a searing pain filled her, spreading out from her neck.

Yeonjun placed a hand over her mouth.
"Don't scream." He whispered, as she complied, closing her mouth as she felt herself grow weaker.
Meanwhile, Yeonjun was getting stronger as he drank, before he finally pushed her away, causing Nari to stumble onto the couch, holding her bleeding neck with her hand, scooting away from him in fear.

"What are you?" She breathed out.

Yeonjun stepped closer, wiping the blood from his lips with his thumb, as he grinned.

"My dear, I'm your worst nightmare." He grinned, as he held her face with his hand.
She tried to pull away, but he held her down.

"You will forget what I did to you. You will drink some of my blood and it will heal within the night. But we are going to continue dancing, and you will not remember the monster I became, okay?" Yeonjun whispered, biting at his wrist as he held it out for Nari.

She took it in her mouth, slightly confused, but she drank either way, feeling obliged to.

Yeonjun pushed her off after less than a minute, pushing her hair away to look at her neck.

The wound had healed, leaving blood stains on her neck.

"Go get cleaned up."

As Nari walked off to her bathroom, Yeonjun watched in amusement.

"I might keep this one around. She's interesting, for once." Yeonjun mumbled, walking over to the stereo as he turned the music off, cringing.
"That, and she's my dance partner. What says she can't be my living drink as well?"

By the time Nari let Yeonjun out that night, it was starting to turn dark.

"Are you sure you'll be alright? You could stay the night if need be." Nari asked, looking outside at the sky.

"I'm fine." Yeonjun grumbled, turning around to leave.

"You sure?"

Yeonjun turned, putting on a fake smile to hide his irritation.
"Yes, Nari, I will be fine. Now lock your doors and stay inside, and leave me alone." He grumbled, finally turning and walking off down the road.

"Fuck. Humans sure are persistent."

As soon as he stood in the door to his house, Soobin pinned him to the wall.

"Who did you drink?" Soobin snarled, as Yeonjun tried to push him off.
"No one, fuck, leave me alone!" Yeonjun whined.

"We can all smell the fresh blood on you- seriously what did I tell you? We were having a new start, and we have plenty of blood bags, so why?" Soobin yelled back this time.

"Because it tastes gross! Soobin I have not had fresh blood in weeks and it was killing me, and her heart was beating so loudly and I just couldn't hold myself back! But I compelled her to forget so don't worry!" Yeonjun yelled, pushing Soobin away successfully this time, as he stormed off to his room.

"It was a she? Yeonjun do not tell me it was your dance-"

The door was slammed in Soobin's face, as he stood dumbstruck.

"Don't bother with Yeonjun. He's still angry with you, plus his change in diet. He'll come around." Huening Kai said, looking through the fridge, before he grabbed a bag.

"Ah, AB. My favourite." He chuckled, wandering off.

Soobin just frowned, before stalking off to his own room.

"Now you see my human friend, I was mad at Soobin. But that has nothing to do with my rebellion." Yeonjun hummed, as the girl still hung off of him.
"I was bored. Living for a thousand years or so does that to you. So when you're bored, what do you do? Ignore the voices of reason and do what you feel like. So, I visited Nari in the middle of the night."