19

Nari was holding her chest as she seethed, the end of school siren ringing as she stood up slowly, stumbling as she coughed up blood again.
Thankfully the room her and Yeonjun used was always empty. She would just have to explain that to him later.

As she was walking through the halls, someone caught her as she felt a wave of relief wash over her.
Expecting it to be Beomgyu, when she locked eyes with Hyunjin she jumped back instantly.

Hyunjin just blinked, holding his hands up innocently.
"You looked like you needed a hand, Nari, I meant no harm."

"Yes, well, I don't trust you." Nari said, smiling awkwardly before she felt herself want to heave over again, as Hyunjin placed his hands on her shoulders, looking into her eyes.

"But why? Don't I make you feel better, Nari?" Hyunjin asked innocently, his voice sounding sickly sweet, as Nari just looked at him blankly.

"Stop, stop, stop, please." She said, shaking her head. "You can't be doing this. It's wrong. And weird."

"Oh?" Hyunjin mused, as he pulled Nari closer. "You can't deny how you feel though, dear."

Nari felt herself suddenly being pulled back, as Hyunjin frowned.

"Oh? Why isn't she collapsing in your arms, leech?" Hyunjin said, his face twisting in disgust as Beomgyu just smiled.

"Ah, you could say it was magic, I suppose." Beomgyu said, as he begun to drag Nari with him.

Hyunjin followed the two. "Me and her hadn't finished talking, you know."

"Oh, but me and you had, so that's good enough." Beomgyu replied, as Nari just looked at him.
"How did you know where I was?" She asked him, as he sighed.

"You always come this way with Yeonjun. I know my own friends timetables, Nari. But anyways, he's back. And he's got your cure, so get Hyunjin to leave us alone already, could you?" Beomgyu said, as Nari turned.

"Hyunjin, leave it." Nari said, as he just stopped following the two.

"Fine, but you'll need me later, Nari. I'll see you around." He grinned, sending her a flying kiss as he bounded off.

Beomgyu slowed down, as he turned to look Nari up and down.
"I smell blood on you- are you okay?" He asked, as Nari just nodded.

"Mhm, yeah, I'm fine, why-" She stopped as Beomgyu wiped the side of her lip.

"Be honest with me." Beomgyu said sternly, as he just stared into her eyes.

"I coughed up blood." Nari replied, before covering her mouth. "Why did I tell you that?"

Beomgyu cursed, before scooping Nari up into his arms.
"Never mind that, Nari, we need to get you to my house, like, now, so." Beomgyu said hurriedly, and then he ran out to his car, pushed Nari in the passenger seat, locked her in, and started driving before she could protest.

Then they were back at the house, as Beomgyu pulled her back out the car, bringing her inside.

Nari just looked at him, bewildered.
"I don't understand the rush. I'm fine."

"No, you're not. You're denying Hyunjin's advances, and it's going to kill you by days end. And he knows that, that bastard." Beomgyu seethed, and as soon as he stepped inside the house, Yeonjun whisked Nari from his grasp.

She instantly felt the pain again, as she let out a chesty cough, Yeonjun frowned, placing her down on the couch.

"How bad is it, Gyu?" He asked, as Beomgyu came and gripped her hand, wincing.

"It's already made it to the final stage, Hyunjin. She's dying. So hurry up and give her Mark's blood." Beomgyu seethed, as Yeonjun just nodded, pulling the vial from his pocket.

"Blood? What?" Nari started, as Yeonjun placed a finger on her lips.
"Do you trust me, Nari?" He asked, as she just nodded.

"Then drink it, please. It's the only way I can save you." Yeonjun said, holding it out to me.

When she didn't take it, Beomgyu forced her head back, as Yeonjun held her chin down gently, tipping the content into her throat.

She had to hold back coughs as Yeonjun pushed her chin closed.

"Swallow." He whispered, as Nari complied, tears in her eyes as she swallowed the metallic liquid down.

Beomgyu went and grabbed a bin, passing it to her as she heaved the final lot of blood, before laying her head back.

"Is anyone going to tell me what just happened? Or are you going to leave me in the dark again, Yeonjun." Nari asked, as Beomgyu just looked at Yeonjun.

He sighed, sitting beside Nari as he pulled her close.

"Do you believe in werewolves?"

"I.. suppose so, yeah." Nari replied, looking at him.

Yeonjun nodded, looking away from her. "Hyunjin and his friends are a pack of werewolves, Nari. But they can mark not only their mate, but other people. And if they resist this mark, it will kill them. It's kind of like how a hunter marks their prey. They are horrible, horrible mutts, Nari, and you need to keep your distance from now on, or you will die. And I want you too much for that, okay?" He whispered, pushing a strand of hair from her face.

Nari's heart started racing as she realised the lack of distance between them, as she placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

"Okay.. thank you.. for telling me something. I'm still determined to figure out what you lot are.. but until then.. stay with me, please?" Nari whispered, pulling back from the kiss.

Yeonjun had to hold back from kissing her again, as he just smiled, holding her hand and stroking her cheek with the other.

"Of course, Nari, there's nothing I'd rather do more."

"Now, see, I was hoping the wolves would leave us alone after that. You know, after we stopped their plan. They left us alone for a little bit, but then they came back with a vengeance. I had to choose between one of my brothers and her." Yeonjun said to the girl, as he was now up pacing back and forth, her just watching him intently.

"But your brothers are immortal?" She asked, as Yeonjun's eyes darted to her.
In his craze she looked so much like Nari... he shook that thought away.

"Well yes, they are, but that doesn't make the threat on their life any less terrifying. But I had to tell Nari what I was, so I could mark her as my own, and keep her protected from the wolves." Yeonjun explained, as he walked over to the fireplace, the last remaining picture of them together sitting on top, caked in dust.

"And? How did she feel?" The girl asked.

Yeonjun laughed.
"Oh, she ran off, literally!"