Chapter 6

Camila's POV

We were in the middle of a basket toss when a big bee flew by, and of course, being teenage girls, it scared the shit out of all of us, we'll not me but still, it caused the bases to practically drop me.

I hit the ground with a thud, landing on my ankle wrong as all the girls around me screamed.

I would definitely be laughing at them if my ankle wasn't killing me right now. I was rolling over clutching it in pain, probably looking like a fool but who can blame me? I was in freaking pain! All because of a stupid bee! Curse you stupid bee!

All the girls were too busy running and screaming to notice me so I just laid there, holding on to my ankle until someone unexpectedly surprised me.

I looked up to see Lauren standing over me.

"Are you okay?" She asked sweetly, a look of concern etched in her sparkly green eyes.

"My ankle kinda hurts." I answered sheepishly. She smiled at me making my heart flutter in my chest. "Let me help you to the nurse?" She offered standing up and holding out her hand to help me up as well.

Once I was up, I looked at all of the girls sitting in the bleachers and glared heavily at them. It was their fault I was in this predicament right now and yes I'm being a little salty because they still could've caught me if they weren't little sissies being scared of a damn bee.

"Mila, I'm sor-" I glared so hard at Dinah, she quickly shut her mouth seeing my intense gaze, along with the rest of the girls who were even thinking about saying anything to me.

I limped a few inches until I was lifted off the ground completely. I turned to look up at Lauren with confusion written all over my features. She was smiling at me toothily, lifting her eyebrows playfully causing me to giggle.

"What are you doing?" I asked, laughing at her cute silliness, she was so cute ugh, dammit Lauren Jauregui! "Thought I'd make the trip to the nurse's office easier for you." I nodded and melted into her body.

Her hair was in a messy ponytail, her cheeks were flushed and she was sweaty. I blushed when I realize her bare hands were touching my thighs, like lord kill me now.

She was wearing a cut shirt, showing off her arms and they were so muscular. She definitely lifts to have sexy biceps like that, I can only imagine what her stomach looks like, shit I bet she has a 6 pack. I need to quit being a hormonal teenage girl.

"We're here." She said turning a corner, walking into the nurses office, but not before running into a wall, accidentally making me hit my ankle again.

"Shit!" I groaned, biting my lip so I wouldn't let out another whimper. "Fuck! I'm so sorry." She said apologetically. I giggled, she was unbelievably cute. "I shouldn't have carried you, I'm so stupid." I shook my head.

"It's okay, I'm fine." I assured her, seeing her visibly relax. "At least I didn't get hit in the face by a football." I teased, she rolled her eyes but I could see a faint tint in her cheeks.

I looked at her shoulder and there was the bruise I noticed the other day when I pushed her playfully. It looked to be healing but I could still make out the a line of fingerprints, she definitely didn't run into a wall.

I bit my lip, frowning, looking at her shoulder. I don't want to intrude or make her feel any type of uncomfortable about the bruises but I can't help but ask because it could involve something bad but when I do ask, she gets all weird and tries to change the subject. I'll make a mental note to ask her later.

I smiled as I realize she's still here, waiting with me. "You can go back now Lauren if you want to?"

Her eyes widened and she frowned slightly. "Okay," I quickly grabbed her wrist to stop her from walking away. "Or you can stay and sit with me?" I offered with a small smile. She nodded happily and took a seat beside me.