Chapter 10

Lauren's POV

"Okay guys, this is our first game back with Lauren. I want you to go out there and dominate. Whoop some ass if you will." Coach said causing all of the girls to laugh.

He really wasn't one for pre-game pep talk, he actually sucked at it but it made for a good laugh and put the team in high spirits.

"There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything." He said seriously.

"Coach?" Normani spoke up. "You do know Vince Lombardi said that right?" Coach glared at Normani causing the older girl to retreat.

"Of course I know Vince Lomboody said that!" All of the girls tried to stifle their laughter at Coach's blatant lying but we all failed miserably.

"Lombardi."

"Whatever! Just go out there and do your best. I'm counting on this win, don't let me down girls. Lauren, take it away." Coach walked away out of the girl's locker room, leaving us to talk for a minute.

Okay, it was my que to put some inspiration in these girls. Here goes nothing.

"Y'all already know we bout to fuck it up!" They nodded and Normani gave me her phone. I played both of the songs we get hype to before every game.

0 to 100 and I Don't Fuck With You.

We all started jumping around and beating our fists against the lockers. That was just our team ritual.

As the the songs ended, we lined up from shortest to tallest running out of the locker room.

As we ran out, the cheerleaders were right at the door waiting for us so they could cheer us on.

Our entire crowd cheered for us as well, it was crazy how many people actually supported our team. Well of course, people love a winning, championship team.

After we all did our stretches, we had about 15 minutes to warm up. We started out with layups and went from drill to drill after that.

I noticed this team was one of our biggest rivals, West Miami High.

I was in the middle of shooting a free throw when the refs called for captains. Normani and I ran over, shaking each of the refs hand along with our opponents.

He gave us the usual rundown. No jewelry wearing, no shit talking to the other team, no illegal pushing or hitting. You know, the normal stuff.

The team already knows these things but I had to make sure, there could be a few minor slip-ups.

Once the team was in order, I made my way to the restroom. I always had to pee before a game. I don't know but I needed to pee before every game, maybe it was nerves?

As I was finishing up, I quickly dried my hands about to exit the restroom. Before I could, I felt small, soft, delicate lips attach themselves to mine.

The kiss was sweet and passionate, I'd know these lips from anywhere although we've only kissed a total of like 3 times. Might I add she's gotten better since the first kiss.

Her arms were wrapped around my neck and my hands went to settle themselves on her hips, lightly stroking the exposed skin there.

After about a minute and a half of kissing, she broke it. Leaving me breathless with swollen, bruised lips. I licked my lips while my eyes were still closed dreamily.

When I opened them, I was met with the most beautiful girl I have ever had the privilege of laying my eyes on.

A smile made it's way to my face as I observed how cute she looked in her cheerleading uniform.