Chapter 22

Camila's POV

I read the words across Lauren's phone and I couldn't help the lump that formed in my throat.

Who was that texting her?

I handed Lauren the phone and went to get my shorts from off the ground. I quickly pulled them up, not glancing at Lauren as I made my way for the door.

"Woah, woah babe. Where are you going?" She asked, getting close to me, wrapping her arms around my waist pulling me into her.

"Um, back to my room." I said in a whisper.

Lauren turned me around and grabbed my face, making me look up at her. "Baby, what's wrong?" She asked sincerely. I sighed and shook my head.

"There's nothing wrong." I lied, giving her a small smile.

"Camz, I know you and I know when something is wrong." She expressed to me, her hands lightly gripping my hips.

"Babe, I'm fine. There's nothing wrong." I said again and tried to walk way but Lauren only pulled me closer.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere until you tell me." She said firmly. There was no way I was getting out of this.

I sighed, Lauren was persistent. "Go check your text messages." I finally divulged. She walked over to the bed and grabbed her phone as I stayed in place, staring at the ground.

She unlocked it and scrolled through the messages, stopping at the one I read judging by her facial expression.

"Babe, it's not what it looks like. I don't even recognize the number." She said and something about the way she looked I knew she was telling the truth. What was I even getting worried about?

She quickly texted the number back and it chimed again. She showed me the messages and I let out a sigh of relief.

To- 305-528-1432: ??? I'm sorry but I don't recognize this number?

305-528-1432: Is this not Vero? Oh my god I'm so sorry lol this is so embarrassing

To- 305-528-1432: it's okay lol, this is her friend Lauren. I'll let her know you texted :)

"See baby, I would never do anything like that." I leaned up and wrapped my arms around her neck. She wrapped her arms around my waist squeezing me tightly.

"I know, I was just scared." I sighed against the warm skin of her neck.

It's not that I didn't trust her because I do but I can't help the fact that I'm scared. There are girls all over Lauren left and right and it's nerve wracking and unsettling to feel like I'm not good enough compared to them.

She let go of my waist and took a hold of my hand, leading me to the hotel bed. She sat down first before bringing me into her lap so that I straddling her. She wrapped her arms around my waist tightly and I brought my hands around her neck.

"You have absolutely nothing to be scared or worried about. You are literally my dream girl and I spent 2 whole years fawning over you from a far. I had the biggest crush on you. There's no way in hell I'm letting you go now that I finally get to call you mine." I smiled at her words, leaning in to kiss her.

"2 years? Really?" I asked, honestly shocked at the confession.

"Yes, when we first met, that exact moment I knew I liked you. I'm surprised you couldn't tell, I would always be nervous around you or stutter like a fool. I'm sure you noticed?" I giggled at the information.

"Now that I think about it, you were a clumsy fool whenever I'd talk to you or wave at you." She blushed and I leaned in to kiss her cheek because she was just so fucking cute.