Chapter 27

Lauren's POV

It had been two days since the incident at the party. I had slightly recovered but I was still a little bit off.

I wasn't as scared to go home as I would've been, my dad has gotten somewhat better. He's still a stupid controlling asshole who thrives on making my life a living hell but he hasn't put his hands on me in quite a while. I think that's a little progress. He's let up but not by much and I'm not sure when or if he's going to snap again. He still insists on me going to the college of his choice and I can't refuse that because I know he won't help with school if I choose anything else.

On top of that, Camila's been acting kind of weird lately. I hung out with her last night but she's barely able to look at me without getting flustered or can barely say a word to me without stuttering. I have no clue why she's acting this way but I guess I'm going to have to confront her about it.

We're supposed to have a movie date tonight at her house. I was to bring the movies and she would provide that snacks. I honestly didn't like this weird tension that was going on between us and tonight I was finally going to get to the bottom of it. It was more on her end than mine but I don't know. I could have done something and maybe not known? I'm not sure but I'll figure it out.

Since I wasn't going to be at home tonight, I didn't want Chris or Taylor there either in case something were to happen. I was still on edge about my dad, nothing exactly changes overnight. Well I could be wrong because at one point he wasn't like that. Anyway, I didn't want Chris or Taylor to experience any of what I've had to go through. I made sure they both went to a friends house. It was my duty to protect them at any and every cost.

I made my way to Camila's front door and knocked. I checked my watch, waiting for someone to come to the door. It was exactly 7:00, the time I was supposed to be there.

Not a second later, Camila came to the door. Her eyes looking everywhere but me. She would usually greet me with a hug and a kiss.

I sighed, walking in and grabbing her hand. I could tell she was nervous by the way she was chewing on her lip. We've been together for a little over 8 months and by now I know most of her nervous ticks and habits.

"So, I um got gummy worms, doritos, popcorn and mangos. I-It's a weird combination but they're your favorites so I wanted to get you everything that you liked." I smiled, even in her nervous state she was still the cutest.

"Thanks Camz," I saw her smile slightly before rushing off into the living room. I followed her and was surprised to see a fort in the middle of the floor. "I um- I made a fort," I saw a small blush form on her cheeks as she peeked her head out. I slipped of my shoes before making my way over to the fort.

"You're too fucking cute baby." I said, crawling inside of the fort with her. She had an ample amount of pillows and blankets set up. Maybe this had been why she was acting strange yesterday? She'd probably thought I'd think her idea was corny.

"Come here," I said, grabbing her face to place a delicate kiss against her lips. She reciprocated, sighing into the kiss.

"God, I missed your lips." I breathed, kissing her once more. She didn't say anything and kissed me back.

"What movies did you bring?" She asked, moving aside to look in my eyes, which she quickly averted. Why is she still so nervous?

"I brought The Incredibles, The Notebook and A Nightmare on Elm Street." Camila looked at me incredulously. "What? You love The Incredibles!" I felt her punch my shoulder as I giggled.