Chapter 13

Lauren's POV

I winced as I felt my father's hand come in contact with my cheek. The prominent stinging making the right side of my face ache.

"Quit slacking, and get your shit together." He glared at me. I felt a tear slip out of my eye as I looked at the ground, which was way more interesting than this situation.

"I mean it." He pointed a finger at me threateningly. "You haven't gotten any offers from any top college basketball teams." He stated as if I didn't already know that.

"I fucking expect more from you." I nodded, wiping the one fallen tear that slipped out of my eye, away. He was right, I was slacking.

I needed to train more so I could get those offers. I had way too many distractions that I needed to cut loose.

"Hand over your phone." I shook my head. I couldn't hand over that. It was literally my life.

"Hand it over." His voice got deeper and I took the phone out of my pocket, making sure to turn it off before handing it over to him.

Maybe my phone was a distraction, I guess he was right in taking it.

"After school and after every practice, you're to come home and run drills. If you chose not to, just know there'll be consequences." I nodded in understanding. I know he meant everything that he was saying. I didn't want to disobey him and face his wrath.

"I only want what's best for you bud." His tone softened and he pulled me into a hug. I reciprocated, seeing as I hardly ever see the affectionate side of him. I liked that side of him, it was comforting.

"I know dad, I'm sorry. I'll work harder, I promise." I saw him smile and nod his head.

"That's my girl." He flicked my nose before exiting my room. I sighed. I have to get better, I need those offers to make him proud. I can't stand him looking at me with disappointment in his eyes.

I waited an hour before sneaking out of my house. I knew for a fact that my family was sleeping and wouldn't suspect me leaving.

I got in my car and made it to my favorite person's house. We weren't officially dating yet but I know I want her to be my girlfriend.

For the past few nights, I would sneak out of my house and into her room and cuddle with her all night. She's such an amazing cuddler, she lives up to the text she sent me a while back.

She would always leave the window unlocked for me because she would fall asleep and would be too lazy to get up and open the window for me.

I parked around the corner and made it to her house as the cool air refreshed my skin.

I climbed up her the side of her house where her room was located and opened her window quietly. I laid eyes on her bed and noticed the brunette girl was sound asleep.

I slipped my shoes off before walking over to her sleeping form. I slid into the cheerleader's bed, reveling in the warmth radiating from her body.

I felt her stir before groaning and cuddling up into my side. "Mmm, baby? Is that you?" I smiled, that's the first time she's called me that but nonetheless it makes my heart beat rapidly.

"Yeah it's me," I replied, wrapping my arms around her. I slipped my hand underneath her shirt, wanting to feel the warm tan skin under my fingertips.

I rubbed up and down her back soothingly as she nuzzled my neck. I kissed her forehead and heard her breathing even out.

I couldn't fall asleep because I had so much on my mind. I work so hard, everyday and I still can't catch a break.

School is already hard enough and adding on extra practices is kind of taking a toll on me.