Call me shocker💥

I returned to my physio. And the therapist session started again.

This time, we stumbled on the topic "romantic love".

Don't exactly remember how.

What I remember though, it's telling him that I don't want a partner and instead I want to live surrounded by my cats and him staying silent for a while.

Don't get me wrong. I've known this man for more than half a year and we saw each other pretty often, due to school projects, over this period.

And since we came over this topic multiple times, it's like the third time I've told him about me not wanting to get a boyfriend or girlfriend (not specifying that I was aroace because I'm still not too comfortable coming out with a label to people).

And that's why I couldn't quite understand why he took it this way.

I mean, he was flabbergasted to say less.

He literally stayed silent for a minute and then stated that I had totally and utterly shocked him.

He just couldn't wrap his head around the fact I wanted to live my life by myself in romantic terms and the thought of that was depressing to him.

Tbh, it didn't affect me so much.

I expected to feel much worse about it.

Maybe because even though he couldn't understand he still accepted it.

Still, this deep rooted amatonormativity really sucks. This bitter and sour taste that it leaves in my mouth. I hate it.

The positive side is that to me it was funny as hell seeing this man so confused.

Like, knowing that my existence can shock people has an hilarious side to it.