Wtf

Long story short: I just had my first experience of someone flirting with me.

I mean, someone trying to get your number without even knowing you.

Lemme explain.

I was on the bus, one that I usually don't take, and I heard this guy calling someone, using terms like babe, love, etc. Those are often used when trying to catcall.

The thing goes on for a while till I understand that he's trying to get my attention. Ence, I reluctantly go to him and the conversation go something like:

"Hey, you're pretty. Are you single?"

"Ehm, I'm not interested, sorry."

"No no, it's not for me. I have a girlfriend. It's for my friend. So, are you single?"

"Yes, but I'm still not interested."

"C'mon, he's a good man. Also, he's not ugly."

"I said I'm not interested, in general."

"Why don't you give him a chance, mh?"

And it goes on for a few minutes, him trying to convince me and me repeating the same thing over and over again.

At one point I basically walked away and stopped listening to him.

It was the strangest thing that happened to me this week. And it was super uncomfortable.

Point one, I don't think anyone ever called me pretty honestly (apart from one male friend but that's another story). It was a shock, really.

I always took for granted that I was ugly. No debates on it. It was the reality and sincerely I didn't give too much of a fuck about it.

One tiny fragment of my mind even thought it was a good thing because people didn't see me as attractive, which could have gone in the way of friendships and such.

I don't know how to feel about it. It's a bittersweet taste.

Leaving that topic aside, I'm annoyed.

Not at him for asking my number, because that's kinda normal. I mean, we can't expect too much.

But at the fact that I said no several times and he still continued to press me.

Bitch, are you trying to manipulate me into giving in?

And more than all, why wasn't he ready to accept a no?

Is it so strange for someone not to be interested in romance?

Are you implying that if someone is single their words have less value?

What if I said that I have a boyfriend? I bet he wouldn't have stressed me so much and just left it at the first refusal.

I'm so angry rn.

I could go on for hours but I guess y'all already know what I'm going to say, so let's not.

P.S.

It took me one hour to write this chapter because I also wanted to upload a drawing, but the format was too big, so I tried to draw-write it down. Then I realized that it was too long and too detailed and had to restart it from scratch.

Me and my damn hyper explanation.