Ahem, I'm not dead!

Sooo

Hi guys?

I'm sorry I haven't published anything for the past half year.

Gods, I've thought of writing so many chapters and so many times, but at the end I was always like "I'll write it later, now I don't have time" and we all know how it ended.

I mean, I was really busy. First studying for the highschool final exams, then the university entrance exam and then working and-

Well, you get the gist.

These are not really excuse so, I'm sorry.

But oh well, I have like 10 followers top so no one would really care.

Then, let's dive in today's chapter!

As I said before, I've meant to write this chapter for months and it still sits in my head because is something I really need to talk about.

And that's love.

Not romantic love.

But Love. Love™. The greatest, the biggest.

Multiple times I've thought of being on the brink of understanding romantic love.

Then, I had a realization.

I already had it several times before, but always brushed it aside or glossed it over.

This time, I really thought about it.

We all know what simple love is, right?

It can varies from your family, to your friends, to your hobbies, to your pets and even a beautiful sunset.

It can contain everything.

Then, we humans classified it and put labels on it. To distingue various types of love from each other.

The example for excellence is platonic vs romantic love.

And that's where most of us aros struggle. That precise line that should be very clear and set, but in reality it's blurred and confused.

If you ask allos what's the difference, they'll probably say something along the lines of "A partner is someone you want to spend your life with for eternity, to cuddle with them, to kiss them and someone you would die and give anything up for."

But if you think about it, isn't it just like a friend?

Don't you want to spend time with your friends? Sometimes even cuddle with them? Wouldn't you die for them?

At this point the only thing different is not wanting to kiss them. That's it?

The boundary between platonic and romantic love is given only by a kiss?

That's what all the celebrations and struggle and fights are for?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's something of little value.

But confronting it with all that sets apart friends from partners, it's a little...

Belittling?

Disappointing?

That can't really be all there is.

Maybe someone could argue that a romantic partner is someone with whom you want to build a family.

But then what about all the couples who don't have and don't want kids? Who just live together? Couldn't you do the same with a friends you have a strong bond with?

I've seen many examples of best friends living together.

Then, what's the real difference?

The type of love you feel? Something so intangible and strong that we can't see and you can't put in words?