Getting out of the castle

Luigi woke up in his bed. He blinked a couple of times. He memory was a little hazy. What happened last night..? OH RIGHT-

   Luigi's face turned red. Right. Bowser had kissed him. Not on the lips or anything. Just the forehead, but still. Luigi found it nice but it still made him blush.

   Luigi walked out of his room after getting ready. Bowser was sitting at the dining table, eating waffles with whip cream on them.

   "Good morning Bowser!" Luigi chirped as he hugged Bowsers arm.

  "Good morning!" He smiled back.

   Luigi grabbed a mug from the cabinet and started making coffee. Bowser cleared his throat and Luigi turned around.

   "Hey I uh- want to apologize for last.. I should've asked and all that.." Bowser mumbled.

   "Oh don't worry about that. You're a good kisser anyways." Luigi grinned.

  Bowsers face turned a bright red and Luigi laughed. Luigi didn't think he could make The Koopa King so dang nervous, but he was proven wrong.

   "So, wanna go to town today?" Bowser asked as Luigi sat beside him.

   "Sure! I could use a walk or two." Luigi responded.

They finished their breakfast, then they started walking to the Mushroom Kingdom. They talked the whole way there, about everything they could. From the clouds to how to speak Italian.

  "You language is.. interesting." Bowser muttered.

   "Yeah, you could say that." Luigi said.

  As they got closer, Luigi got a nervous feeling in his stomach. He knew that people were gonna stare, and that definitely scared him.

   They got to the kingdom and just as Luigi feared, everyone was staring. Bowser could tell Luigi was nervous.

  "Hey don't worry. They're just jealous about how cool it is I get to walk next to you." Bowser whispered into Luigi's ear.

   Luigi relaxed a bit. He felt safe with Bowser. They went from shop to shop, looking at all the nice things there. Bowser sat as Luigi talked about plants and mushrooms.

   They were walking on a path until everyone moved out the way, leaving Bowser and Luigi in the middle. Then Luigi noticed two people.

Mario and Peach, standing right across from them.

_________________________________

  Luigi started getting very nervous. Bowser grabbed Luigi's hand and squeezed it slightly, as if to say that everything would be ok. It definitely made Luigi feel better.

   Princess Peach finally broke the awkward silence by calling Bowser and Luigi over. The two walked over, side by side.

"Well hello there! I didn't know y'all were out today! Would you like to have lunch?" Princess Peach questioned.

Bowser looked down at Luigi to make sure he was ok with it. Luigi have a slight nod and Bowser let out a sigh.

  "We would love that!" Bowser answered.

  The four of them walked to Princess Peach's castle, and the city soon got back to how it was. They got to the Castle and Princess Peach sat them down.

   Luigi and Bowser were on one side while Princess Peach and Mario were on there other. There was a few seconds of awkward silence before Luigi broke it.

  "So! How are y'all doing today?" Luigi asked.

   "I'm doing fine!" Princess Peach answered.

  "I'm doing alright too..." Mario mumbled.

   Mario's eyes were locked on Bowser. Bowser had a feeling this was gonna happen.

   "So, what about my brother do you like?" Mario asked.

   Luigi and Peach gave Mario "Why-the-fuck-would-you-say-that" eyes but Bowser just smirked.

  "Glad you asked. I don't even know where to start. He's kind, honest, cares about Bowser Jr., and he's pretty cute." Bowser answered confidently.

  Mario narrowed his eyes and Luigi was pink as pink could be. Peach's face lit up.

   "Ok that's all.. fair. But how do I know you love him as much as you claim?" Mario quizzed.

   "Mario!" Peach yelled.

   "Oh no it's ok Peach. And I can answer that." Bowser smirked.

  Bowser turned to Luigi and softly kissed him. To say Luigi was surprised would be putting it lightly. Luigi was red from head to toe, and Mario was dumbfounded. Peach's eyes widen and she was hiding her smirk. 

   "And I think that's our sign to go. It was lovely talking to you. Have a great day." Bowser smiled.

  Luigi, who was still in awe, walked out with Bowser. Right as they got out of sight, Bowser sighed.

  "Holy shit that was scary." Bowser gasped.

  "That was amazing." Luigi smiled.

  "Yeah it felt amazing, but I was so scared. Mario looked like he was about to try and beat me up. Which I did NOT want to happen." Bowser stated.

  Luigi chuckled. Bowser was charming, but dorky at the same time. Something Luigi honestly loved.

  "Well let's head home. I think I'm all walked out." Luigi smiled.

   They walked home and by the time they got back, it was time for dinner. They decided they could order a Pizza and and just watch a movie.

  Luigi gets changed into some PJ's and the pizza arrives. They decide to put on a classic movie about a mermaid who wants a human. It feels very familiar to something.

   Luigi and Bowser were snuggling while watching the movie. Suddenly, the doorbell ringed. Luigi stood up and opened his door. At the door was a small toad with a bag on his back.

  The toad handed Luigi a letter, it had a stamp from the Mushroom kingdom. Luigi walked back over and showed Bowser.

  "A letter from Peach?" Bowser muttered.

   Luigi opened it and it contained a letter. It was an invitation to some kingdom ball. Luigi had heard of it, but he never went since he wasn't royalty.

  Bowser scowled at the letter. He knew exactly what it was and he was suspicious. He gotten one every year, but it wasn't as nice as this one. Was it because Luigi was here? Bowser didn't know but he was still worried.

  "A ball? They want us to go?" Luigi mumbled.

  "Yup. Happens every year." Bowser answered.

  Luigi stared at the letter. He honestly kinda wanted to go. He knew that all kinds of royalty would be there and he wanted to see what they were like.

  "Would.. you like to go?" Bowser asked.

  "If you're ok with that." Luigi replied.

   Bowser nodded and Luigi smiled. That settled it. They were gonna go to a royal ball.

_________________________________

Authors notes: Woo this is a long one! Sorry it took me so long to get this one in, school had been all over me and my motivation has been a little low. It might be a hot minute before I finish the next chapter but I promise it'll be good! There might even be dramaaa

Number of words: 1121