Allium Apologies

"So... How have you been...?" Peach smiled awkwardly.

   "Uh, good. You?" Bowser responded.

   "Yeah good as well." Peach murmured. Peach sipped her tea and Bowser gave a few awkward coughs. Bowser glanced over at Peach and made eye contact with her. He sighed and collected himself.

  "So.. What happened at the dance?" Bowser asked, finally addressing the elephant in the room. Peach's eyes widen, before exhaling.

  "It's a long story, but in short me and Mario didn't think Luigi actually liked being at your castle. We made a plan for him to escape, but obviously he didn't respond so well. He thought that we hated you, and I don't blame him for thinking that..." Peach explained. Bowser sat there for a minute, thinking about what Peach said.

  "Do y'all hate me?" Bowser questioned.

  "Well I don't. I can't say anything for Mario though. We were honestly just worried about Luigi. We know how nervous he can get and you haven't had the best relationship with him or his brother.." Peach responded softly. Bowser nodded slightly.

  "I figured. I mean I haven't been the best to y'all. But at this point I don't really care. I'm more concerned about my family right now. And I know it's hard for y'all to believe, but I'm being as honest as honest can get." Bowser replied. Peach looked up at him, trying to read him. A few seconds later she looked down and sipped her tea.

  The silence was unbearable. Bowser shifted in his chair, trying to think of a conversation starter.  Finally Peach broke the tense silence.

  "How are Junior and Luigi?" Peach asked.

  "They're doing good. Luigi is obviously still torn from the dance." Bowser muttered back. Peach winced at hearing about Luigi. She knew she caused this pain, and she just wanted to say sorry. Peach tightened her grip on her tea cup.

   "Look Bowser I'm... I'm sorry." Peach blurted out, tears streaming down her face. Bowsers eyes widened. He's never seen her like this. Bowser grabbed a napkin and awkwardly offered it to her. Peach grabbed it a blew her nose.

  "Peach, you know I can't accept that apology. The only one who can is Luigi." Bowser stated. Peach wiped the tears out of her eyes and nodded. She stood up and started walking towards the garden. Bowser jumped up and trotted by her.

Bowser saw Luigi and Junior sitting on the bench looking at all the plants around them. Peach ran up to Luigi and looked down at him.

  "Peach..?" Luigi muttered. Peach grabbed Luigi into a hug.

  "I'm really sorry Luigi.." peach cried. Luigi looked surprised and then he slowly hugged back.

  "No, I'm sorry. I should've talked to y'all." Luigi replied. Peach pulled back and rested her hand on her neck.

  "Well it's not like we would've listened.." Peach muttered. Luigi giggled and hugged Peach.

  "How about we just agree we're both at fault?" Luigi smiled. Peach giggled and agreed. All four of them spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the garden, talking about various things.

"Well it's time for us to head home, thanks for letting us stay Peach!" Bowser stated. Peach said goodbye to all of them and headed on there way. On the path home, Bowser Jr looked at the flower he pulled from the garden. The flower looked kinda like a mic, except it was a magenta color.

  "Luigi, what flower is this called?" Junior asked. Luigi gently grabbed the flower and inspected it.

  "Oh this is an allium!" Luigi exclaimed. Luigi handed it back to Junior. Junior stared at the flower for a second.

  "Allium..." Junior whispered to himself.
_________________________________
Authors notes: I FINALLY REMEMBERED TO UPDATE THIS!! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! School has been hectic so I'm glad I could finally find the time to finish this.

Number of words: 644