Endless - Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Nash - May

I haven't been back at my apartment since I've left.

I almost didn't come back to Hudson. I was going to pack this place up and get the h*ll out of this town, move somewhere far away from this disastrous place. I'm glad I did come back, though, because I wouldn't have seen her again.

It's like I'm f*cking dreaming.

She's in my apartment, like old times. The last time she stepped foot in my apartment was when I finally got to see what she looked like with a shirt off, when I felt what her skin pressed against mine feels like, when I learned her real name, and when I kicked her out of my life.

Basically when my life turned to h*ll.

I watch as she takes off my tux jacket and looks around my apartment, a small smile gracing her face. She's remembering. She's remembering the times that we shared here - the moments when we opened up to one another, pouring out everything. I never told anyone the things that I told her. I trusted her; I still do.

We've been through a sh*t load of stuff together.

And I want to go through a whole lot more.

"You're still so obsessed with those guitars," she says, a hint of laughter in her tone. "I've always loved that about you - your love for music."

I rub the back of my neck, looking at them lined up against the wall, "Yeah, well, they've been with me for a long time. And when you have something special, you tend to never want to get rid of it."

She reaches her hand up to her neck as if to grab onto something, but drops it back to her side.

I haven't taken the necklace that I gave her off. It's been hidden under my shirts, covering the place where my heart beats. I never wanted to take it off; it was the only piece of her that I had left. It was the only way to make sure that she stayed near to me.

But I want to give it back to her. Now that I have her back, I want her to hold onto something that makes her think of me when I'm not around. I'm not going to let her go, though.

Her words from the car flash in my head. She told me she wasn't going to leave - never again. And I'm holding her to those words because I don't know what I would do if she did leave again.

I'm turning into a f*cking girl, I know.

Unfastening the clasp behind my neck, I move to stand behind her. Taking both ends of the necklace, I loop it around her neck, clasping it in the back. I move her hair out of the way and kiss her neck, wrapping my arms around her midsection.

She reaches up to grab onto the pick, looking down at it. An audible gasp escapes her mouth as she realizes what I gave her, "Nash... I didn't think you'd keep it."

"Always," I say, closing my eyes and skimming my lips up her neck and behind her ear. I open my eyes as I place a last kiss at the base of her ear, my eye catching something black.

I bring my fingers up to trace the fine, black ink adorning her skin. She shivers at the touch. Music notes grace the area behind her ear. I don't need to ask her what it means because I already know.

I've played those notes countlessly on the guitar. I've sung those words numerously throughout the years. The song was one that comforted me when I was younger - the song that my mother used to sing to me.