Endless - Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Nash - May

Beautiful.

That's the first word that comes to mind when I look into her eyes.

It's insane that she's even in my apartment; it still feels as if I'm stuck in some reality that I've conjured up.

She's laying on the couch, her head in my lap, her eyes focused on the television. The shirt - my shirt - is still bunched around her waist, her tan, toned legs on full display. If I go into more detail, her lace underwear is also on full display, making the desire in my chest increase.

What? I'm a guy. It's a natural thing to want your girlfr-

I stop myself at the thought of that word. I've never called a girl that before. I've never wanted to. But now that I have her - laying in my arms, curled up against me - I'm not letting her go.

She's mine.

Mine.

"Nash?" Her soft, melodic voice brings me out of my daze.

"Hmm?" I mumble, running my hand up and down her soft thigh.

She turns on her side to look up at me, "What did you think of me, that first night in the bar?"

I grin, "I thought you were the sexiest woman in the world, and I knew I was going to have you. And let me tell you, I was definitely right."

She scoffs and gives me an eye roll before turning to look back at the television. Her full lips are pouted in an angry frown. I can't help it; I lean down, stealing a kiss from her lips. I've been doing it often - stealing kisses from her, alarmed that this will all be a dream that I'll wake up from. She doesn't seem to mind; I mean, it is me we're talking about.

Okay. Okay. I know what you're all thinking - you're an a**hole.

Actually, like I said before, I'm a guy. And a guy takes what he needs or wants, whenever he needs or wants it.

And right now, I want Adelaide.

A hint of a smile graces her face when I pull away from the kiss. You see that? She's trying not to give into me. But I know her; I know she wants to. She can't help it.

"I know what you're doing," she says when my hand travels down her body stopping on top of her hip, "and it's not going to work."

I smirk, "I'm not doing anything."

I feel her breath hitch when my fingers play with the edge of her underwear strap, caressing the soft skin there. My other hand is running through her hair, massaging her scalp. I watch her eyes close and a look of frustration mar her face.

Bending down, I kiss the tattoo behind her ear, knowing she loves that spot, and whisper in her ear, "Is it working yet?"

Her voice comes out breathless, "No."

"Liar," I say, pulling back and stretching my arms on the top of the couch. My hands are off of her, and I know she's pissed at me about getting her all worked up and then pulling away.

Adelaide shifts her head in my lap to face me, making me groan at her head contacting a very personal section - if you know what I mean. My head falls back on the couch as her fingers start trailing circles against the top of my boxer-clad thigh.

I hear a satisfactory laugh escape her mouth, "You know what I thought of you the first time I saw you?"

"Hmm?" I mumble, dazed by her warm fingers trailing further up.