Chapter 5 - Phenex God Pt. 3/10 "Clarity of Truth"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

   "To put it simply, I need your help." Rias started, Issei curiously tilting his head before asking, "With what?"

   Before Rias continued her explanation, she stated, "Let's get walking, it's a long story."

   Nodding, he watched as she took a deep breath before resuming with, "I never told you, but the Underworld is separated into 72 clans, well at least it was."

   "What happened?"

   "There are many names for it, but most of us call it the Great War, it was what ended the Age of Gods. As for how the war started, we're not entirely sure, though we do know it started inside the Underworld before spreading to both the Fallen and the Angels, eventually dragging other factions from the supernatural. Eventually, the war dragged in the two Heavenly Dragons, Y Ddraig Goch, and Albion, forcing the three biblical factions to work together and kill the dragons."

   "And is that how the war ended?" Issei interrupted, focusing on the history lesson.

   "No, though I'm sure many of us wish it ended like that." Rias answered, before continuing with, "The war ended with one final battle when a being of unimaginable power was sent onto this Earth, where the final battle was taking place. In only a few swift moves, the being killed Ddraig and a vast majority of the population of the Underworld, and Heaven. It was because of this being which caused those in the supernatural to go back to their respective homes, putting an end to the Great War."

   "What about the other dragon, Albion?" Issei asked, Rias once again explaining, "After the war, he attempted to dig into the Earth for unknown reasons, where he eventually died. Getting back on track though, after the war, both dragons would have their souls sealed into Sacred gears."

   "Ddraig..." Issei whispered, although Rias still heard as she replied, "Yes, it's easy to sense his power within you."

   As though waiting for her to say that, the familiar mechanical red gauntlet appeared on Issei's arm as Ddraig stated, "So that's what you want with the boy. Yet you still haven't explained why you need our help."

   Rias looked shocked that the gauntlet appeared, remembering having seen Issei fail to activate it. Noticing this from within, Draig commented, "Surprised to see me, Gremory? If you're wondering, the boy can't draw me out, rather I have to force myself out."

   "A little bit, it seems that Sekaino was able to draw you out." Rias commented with a drop of curiosity, getting back to the original topic, Rias stated, "As for why I need your help, Issei. You see, after the war, there were only three clans that remained whole out of the 72. My clan, Gremory. The other two clans are Sitri and Phenex. I need your help because one of these clans is attempting to... abduct me."

   Issei paused at her last words, it was a lie. Noticing his skepticism, Rias added, "It's not quite an abduction, but I shouldn't go into too much detail. All you need to know at the moment is that one of those two clans is planning to imprison me."

   "Sounds like one hell of a story, so what do you need me to do? Act as your bodyguard?" Issei retorted, though in truth he wasn't far off. Sighing in defeat, Rias answered, "Yes, I suppose that's the simplest way you could put it."

   "Oh, I was just guessing. I had no idea." Issei admitted, a flat look falling on Rias' face before she sighed. Shaking his head, Issei asked, "How would I do this if I were to agree?"

   "First off you'd have to join my Peerage, and to do that I'd have to turn you into a Devil," Rias explained, Issei wincing in response. Up ahead the pair saw the school, several students popping into view heading in the same direction. Both overhead their peers whispering about seeing one of the biggest perverts with the most revered girl in the school. Several comments went along the lines of, "How is he walking with her?"