Chapter 13 - Antarctic Facility Pt. 1/2 "White Hellhole"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

These white halls were bleak, corporate in every way, and he hated it. It wasn't the architecture itself which he hated, though he could see how an employee here would go mad at the monotony; rather, it was how familiar it was to him, despite the color change. It felt as though he was still on Phobos, right before they invaded.

He's already been here for a few days now, and the environment has already grown boring. At the moment he merely served as a guard, albeit a godly one. He's checked on Marisbury a few times, nearly every time he was trying to summon Solomon. He didn't quite understand how the magic behind summoning a Servant worked, honestly, he wouldn't have believed it was true had he not gone through what he had.

Stopping at one of the many reinforced windows lining the facility, he saw the landscape which surrounded this place. A cold, barren, wasteland, seemingly perpetually surrounded by a blizzard that tore across the facility. He didn't know if the storm was artificial or not, honestly, it might've been knowing what went down here.

In any case, the only somewhat exciting thing to do here was watching Marisbury summon his Servant, or at least attempt to. The poor Mage was still desperately trying to summon his Servant, he said he was trying a new way of summoning a Servant, one superior to the preexisting system, whatever that meant.

Deciding to walk over to the summoning chamber for what felt like another out of many times, he found himself at the center of the facility. The chamber was a massive cylindrical room, the walls of which were completely unlit, only displaying the void of space. In the center was a dish-like platform that sprouted hundreds of fluorescent blue lights arranged in two distinct rings which spun on the same plane as the dish both above and below it respectively. At the center of the dish was a neon blue fractal-like pattern that hovered just above the reflective floor displayed by a single light spouting from the center of the floor.

Opening the door, the Slayer found himself on a platform at the front of the room. At the end of the platform was a staircase leading up to the center dish, the borders of both lined in similar neon lights marking off the edge.

The light from the doorway shadowed his armor, only his silhouette visible to anyone inside the room. As the door shut behind him, the glow of the chamber fully revealed itself, the ominous blue lights shining in the artificial abyss.

His boots echoed throughout the chamber, the only noise outside of a quiet hum emanating from the center console. As he walked up the stairs, the hum grew louder, his footfall being drowned out by the eerie ringing. Once he placed his foot on the final step, everything went silent, only the former mechanical hum, which seemingly quieted down.

On the platform ahead was Marisbury, the lone Mage sitting on his legs, unmoving. His tired breathing didn't go unheard. The man was losing his drive.

"I've been here for what has felt like days now, though it's probably only been a few hours." The Mage stated, his words going unanswered. The Slayer looked on, his expression unchanging, though this didn't deter the man, as he added, "This system I'm trying to create, it should, in theory, be better than the preexisting one."

'You haven't gotten it to work, have you?' It was an obvious answer, the Mage hadn't gotten anything, even with the ring as a Catalyst. The Slayer walked around the summoning circle, standing across from the Mage.

With the silver-haired man's gaze cast down, the Slayer extended his arm outwards, before pouring his essence into the circle. The pattern burst with light, garnering Marisbury's attention. The Mage stood, watching as a faint green fog flowed into the summoning circle, powering it with a mix of both known and unknown energy. Rings of blue light burst from the circle, the room glowing with a thick miasma of blue light as the Slayer continued to power the chamber.