Chapter 9 - Phenex God Pt. 7/10 "Commence Operation: Phenex Ashes"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

   The boy had grown, both physically and mentally. That much was made apparent after six consecutive boosts. He had reached transonic speeds, his strength now reaching the absolute peak of human capabilities.

   "BOOST!"

   Of course with his ability, it was completely unnecessary to measure him before he reached his limits. As he would keep doubling any measurements placed before him.

   "BOOST!"

   Dashing towards Issei, Sekaino swung his blades from the right. Issei managed to dodge by craning his body back, blocking with his gauntlet.

   Sparks cascaded from the two metals, lighting up the orange sky. Hopefully, the battle would be over before night fell.

   "BOOST!"

   Issei twisted his fist behind him, before uppercutting Sekaino in the ribs. Luckily the man managed to put his palm between the gauntlet and the point of impact. Securing his hold on the boy, Sekaino flung Issei like a discarded toy.

   "BOOST!"

   While upside down, mid-air, Issei pointed his arm at Sekaino, before yelling, "Explosion!"

   Similar to the last time he had done so, a massive ray of energy hurled from his gauntlet. A sickly him booming across the lawn as Sekaino held his blades in front of him.

   Looking down he saw himself being pushed back little by little, something which made him proud.

   "BOOST!"

   Now he was being pushed back. Growling, he channeled Heavenly Energy into his blades, before slashing upwards, splitting the beam of energy.

   Issei jumped out of the way, watching a crescent of blue surge past where he was. An attack that would've killed him.

   He started to hyperventilate, his own mind beginning to come to terms with where he was at. He was getting comfortable.

   "BOOST!"

   No! He wouldn't let himself, he would push past his limits. And go beyond!

   With newfound motivation, Issei darted toward Sekaino. The man did the same, both with their fists reared back. Pushing off the ground, both collided with each other in mid-air. Their fists sent out a shockwave that shook the nearby area.

   "BOOST!"

   Twisting his body around, Issei kicked with his right leg toward Sekaino's face. However, the man was too quick, doing the exact same thing in response to Issei.

   Sharp wisps of air blasted from the collisions, blowing all debris from the area. Sekaino took the opportunity to break the lock, before dashing towards Issei, his left hand running along Issei's extended right leg.

   Rearing back his right arm, Sekaino slammed his fist into Issei's abdomen. However, the boy was able to grab onto Sekaino's fist, balancing on top of the limb.

   "BOOST!"

   With his extra strength, Issei kicked under Sekaino's jaw, jumping off his fist. Sekaino, having revived dashed towards Issei, Issei doing the same.

   The older male was the first to act, punching Issei square in the cheek. Yet he was able to fight back, slamming his fist into Sekaino's jaw. Both glared at each other for the brief moment they had their fists driving into the other.