Chapter 24 - False Emperor Pt. 10/10 "Exodus into the Howling Dark"

A/N: Music Sync - When playing music over a scene, the beginnings of certain paragraphs and various words are meant to line up with various lyrics during the song.

Beat Drop/Transition - When these are playing, do not read, simply skip to the following paragraph.

Paragraph - When reading, the first word of the paragraph should line up with the first word of the lyrics displayed above.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

The carrier rumbled as artillery fire struck its shielding. Though the ship was more than capable of tanking such a hit, many of the electronic systems fizzled in and out of life.

Sekaino paid the quakes no mind as he marched toward the command bridge. Azazel was hauled over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, still unconscious after Mordred took Issei. The man's eyes narrowed as he thought about the Servant. Even if he chose to trust her, how could she guarantee Issei's safety? The woman was an enigma; why was she so adamant about him trusting her?

Regardless of the reason, her message left little to be desired. Six Servants and their Master lay between him and Issei, with four remaining anonymous. Whatever, he'd cross that bridge when he gets there.

"Sekaino, get to the bridge, we need you here." Pressing his two fingers to his ear, Sekaino answered the Satan, "Got it."

He'd almost forgotten about that, Sirzechs gave Issei a communicator so the boy could summon the Underworld's forces for whatever reason. Now, the same item rests over his ear, though he'd have to get rid of it before battle.

Picking up the pace, Sekaino meandered the alien vessel. Many Devils on board held their distance, either from fear, or spite; whatever the reason, it seemed they could sense his power. Before long, the familiar hiss of the command sector's bulkheads echoed through the hallway, allowing Sekaino to pass through.

Sirzechs stood at the center of the room, where a table now sat surrounded by the holograms of seven other figures. The redhead looked up, announcing, "Looks like the both of you are here, is it safe to assume that Azazel won't be joining us?"

"Since when was he an ally?" The projection of a scornful girl spoke, if Sekaino remembered correctly, she was one of Rias' friends back on Earth.

"Starting now." Dropping Azazel onto a bench, Sekaino parked himself on the opposite side of the table from Sirzechs.

"You look well, safe to assume Issei's not one for politics?" The sly voice of Akeno Himejime asked, catching Sekaino's attention.

"Neither am I, but I'm sure the boy would be dying to see the both of you if he were here." His words captured everyone's gaze. Rias was the first to ask what was on everyone's mind, "Where is he, Sekaino?"

Sirzechs looked down at the table, his eyes narrowing as he announced, "That is what we seek to answer."

"How did you lose him!?" The redheaded she-devil cried out, slamming her hands on the table before her. Sighing, the man answered, "We've had a long weekend, and I'd appreciate not getting antagonized."

"Then what happened?" Sirzechs asked. Nodding, Sekaino began, "He was kidnapped, by a Servant contracted under a White Dragon Emperor."

Those in the group paused, properly engrossed by the man's words. A man whom Sekaino hadn't met spoke up, one of the Satans if he had to guess, "You use the word 'a' when describing the White Dragon Emperor."