Starting the Weekday

I laid backwards onto my back, barely missing hitting my head against the wall behind me. I couldn't believe it. All this time, with all these fluttering, squirmy feelings, I've had a crush on Arven.

"Did you all know?" I asked my team. Everyone but the newest Numel nodded confidently, but even Numel had picked up on something going on and shrugged. "Man, I wish I could understand you all. Maybe you could help me figure out everything else in my life." I put my hands on my face and groaned. "What do I do now? I can't keep fighting these titans with my brain clouding my judgment. I don't want to get anyone hurt because I'm acting on my emotions." Lycanroc padded up to me and pressed his nose between my knees. I sat back up and pet his head. "Now I really wish I could understand you. You'd make better decisions than me."

Koraidon spoke to grab my attention. I sighed. "You're right. I'm doing this for you, too. See, I'm already out of it. I forgot that we're also on a quest to get you better." Koraidon made a higher-pitched noise, puffing out his chest. "So you want to keep going?" Everyone nodded and spoke their noises of approval. I chuckled. "I understand that. Yeah, you're all right," I sighed. "We're not only doing this for Arven; we've defeated the last three titans to collect the rare and magical Herba Mystica to nurse a dying Mabosstiff back to health." I pointed at Koraidon, "and strengthen you back up to your prime so we could figure out where you really came from." Everyone danced in celebration.

I frowned. "We won't get too much for the next few days though. I have five days of classes ahead of me before we could fight another titan." Quaxwell waddled to my feet and flexed his floppy wings to communicate. "I guess in the meantime, we could train for the future titans. Plus, we still need to find that dark-type Pokémon for the team." I stood up and finally opened the blinds, illuminating the sad room in a gentle, golden light. "We could start tomorrow. You all deserve a rest after defeating the Lurking Steel Titan."

I went back to my laptop and returned a few times for a new set of notes. "Meanwhile, I'm going to find out where the best place to find dark-type Pokémon."

"Momma?" My voice echoed through the long, dark hallway. A faint, but shrill noise came from the other side. I hugged my plush eevee tight to my chest. "Mommy, where are you?" There was yelling at the end of the hall. It was a deep, womanly voice I identified as my mother's.

The walls felt like they were closing in on me. It was like I could feel them breathing on my neck. I began to walk forward into the darkness, the sound of my bare feet on the wooden floor fading away as I lost myself to the abyss. I continued walking as the deafening static of silence flooded my ears. My hands began to feel like a million insects crawling all over me and falling away until my eevee completely disintegrated into a black dust behind me.

An off-white door came into view among a disfigured floral wallpaper surrounding it. I reached out a hand to open it and flinched as I noticed my hand had matured from my innocent youth to a chiseled, teenage appendage. I was taller now, having to reach below my chest to touch the golden door handle. As I slowly turned the door open, I heard my mom's yelling from inside. I saw myself at a bedside, limp body underneath a layer of blankets, blood dripping down the side of the bed, staining the floor.

I was crying, palms over my soggy, red face. I couldn't see my mom, but I knew it was her silhouette when she slapped me to the floor.

G€t up!

I continued crying louder.

St0p cr¥!ng! T€ars s0lv€ n0th!ng!

She kicked me in the ass and I screamed—

I gasped as my alarm surprised me awake. The excitement of next weekend made it hard for me to fall asleep again. My restlessness wasn't very great when it came to a school day. It felt like I hadn't slept a wink. I groggily slumped to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face to wake myself up and clean the sand from my eyes. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was a wreck. My hair was bent in every which way, and my pajamas were crooked on my body. I snorted, "Must've been a really good dream, hm." I pulled my hair back and started brushing through it, stopping every few seconds on a knot I had developed in my struggle. I finished my time in the mirror by brushing my teeth and throwing my clothes in the hamper so I could start a shower to wash off the sweat I had accumulated in my sleep.