The Final Battle Was Unforeseen (Part 1)

"Please defeat me," Sada muttered, loud enough to be heard over the spectacle. The machine erupted open, a blinding light coming from its center, particles flying around the black beams. The noise was immeasurable with all the moving pieces. The professor was so high up on the pillar that I barely saw her silhouette stand back up. A pair of glowing, mechanical, blue eyes were staring down at me. An arm reached up to the ceiling with an open palm, and the rotating, black machine responded, flooding the room with light momentarily before a purple ball fell from the white portal into her cusped hand. She brought it to her chest, its small, white M pointed towards me down below.

"At... at last...." Her voice had morphed into a grating buzz like two metal plates grinding against each other. It was inhuman. Koraidon shivered and retreated to his ball at my belt. AI Sada had become a killing machine in human skin. That's all she had left of her: a painted disguise. "ᴧt |ast my drəam Is withIn reaↃh... and you're no7 gətting In the way!" Every bone in my body went into attack mode. She extended her arm and allowed the ball to roll off her fingers before swinging it to the side, the bottom of her lab coat following the motion, her body at a perfect right angle to it, perpendicular. I watched the tiny ball fall from that great height, white latch glowing, awaiting its signal to open. It saved itself from crashing to the ground, hovering over the black floor before releasing a volcarona. The familiar monster was a relief. I knew it wasn't a regular volcarona—likely not a duel bug-fire type—but it wasn't anything crazy. I decided the best course of action would be to send out Quaquaval. My poor starter awoke to a very hostile environment and lost confidence immediately, seeing the looming towers. Quaquaval was already not at his best, having been attacked by one of the escaping monsters earlier, but I had no idea I would have to battle the island's professor alone.

The volcarona started, slamming its huge wings into Quaquaval in a powerful Dual Wingbeat, knocking him out instantly. I called Quaquaval back into his ball. The volcarona hissed at me, and I stumbled for another ball. "I dᵒn't know whᵒ you think you arə, but |'m not about tᵒ let anyonə get in the way of my goals," AI Sada croaked from above, her menacing, blue eyes piercing me from so high up. I threw out Lycanroc, hoping the ancient volcarona maintained its bug-typing. It was Lycanroc's first view of Area Zero, and it intimidated him as it did Quaquaval. He had no idea what we were up against in this crystal room.

"Lycanroc," I brought his attention back. "Rock Slide!" Lycanroc clenched his teeth at me uneasily, but quickly obeyed, smashing boulders up from the ground and hurling them at the volcarona, doing a significant amount of damage. I clenched my fists victoriously. Volcarona was still weak to rock-type moves. The volcarona countered with a Bug Buzz, vibrating its wings in such a frequency that created a low-pitched rumble to hurt Lycanroc. It wasn't as effective as my attack, fortunately. I struck it again, fainting the volcarona back into its master ball.

"N0w, thIs is Intere5ting...." AI Sada observed, static breaking her voice as she reached for her second pokéball from the time machine. "Chi|d, dᵒ you aↃtually understand ancIent pokemons' weaknəsses?" Another ball fell from the great height, popping open to reveal a misdreavus. It conjured up energy in the shape of a moon, blasting the energy at Lycanroc who took the hit like a boulder. Moonblast.... It was a fairy-type move. That's different. Knowing now that the ancient misdreavus was a duel ghost-fairy type pokémon, I ordered Lycanroc to take out a strong dark-type move to almost destroy his opponent. Per my expections, the misdreavus lived, and threw out one last attack to faint my teammate. I had two pokéballs left, one of which was Koraidon. I was terrified to think that he was unable to fight out of fear. "Evərything is proceədin6 wIthin my expectatiᵒns," the professor mocked, seemingly reading my worried thoughts, "I'm afraid thə probabIlity ᵒf you wInning is zero."