Chapter 1: First day of school

A/N: My second story. I'm not that good at story making, but I do hope you guys will enjoy this. Please vote and let people know about my story if you like it~ It would make me happy~ Thanks and please enjoy! :D

Oh and by the way, I made the time of Violet's school start different because I just feel like it. :P Haha, so their school starts during the middle of summer and ends just in the middle of spring, so yeah. Sorry for the confusion! >.< Otherwise, enjoy! :D

---- 

Chapter 1: First day of school

First day of school. If anyone hears that sentence, it means that 'summer' break ended. A girl is still lying in her bed even though the alarm clock already screamed at her so many times for her to wake up. Everytime it did, she would shut it off and go back to sleep. Outside the door, a pure white cat kept on scratching on the door to wake her owner up. A woman marches up the stairs as she approaches the room fast before bursting into it.

"Violet Rose Everett! You wake up THIS instant before I have to drag you out!!" shouted the woman to the girl in bed. The girl bolted right up and stares at the woman. She let out a wide and sleepy yawn.

"Awwhh, Aunt Heath it’s still seven in the morning. Can I at least get another thirty minutes of sleep?" she asked as her eyes begin to close again. Without warning, a book flies towards her and hits right in her face. The girl screamed and rubbed her nose as she looks at the woman whose face is bright red now. The girl shivers as she runs out of her bed and reaches for her towel before running into the bathroom. She knows her guardian better than anyone. If her face is turning red with rage, step back and pray for safety. Or immediately do what she wants.

After twenty minutes in the shower, the girl walks out and quickly dresses for school. The girl has shoulder-length black hair with front side bangs. Her eyes were rare colored, violet. That's why her name was Violet. She wears a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans along with her Converse black and white shoes.

From downstairs, she can smell the chocolate cake that her guardian had baked. The girl named Violet quickly goes downstairs after had all her things ready to go. The chocolate cake smelled so good that it tempted Violet to steal a piece.

Before Violet could even touch the cake, her guardian, Heather, goes to her and gives her the 'what-in-the-world-do-you-think-your-doing' look on her face. Violet kept silent and decided to leave the chocolate cake alone before sitting down on the dining table and stare at the sandwich in front of her; peanut butter and jelly.

"What's in it?" Violet asked Heather even though she already knew.

"Worms and maggots." Heather simply replies to Violet. She gave out a sigh before eating the sandwich slowly. Heather has been her guardian ever since she was ten. Her parents died in a horrible car crash while they were coming home from work. Heather is her mother's sister who was still studying when she was taking care of Violet. Heather graduated out of the university when Violet was twelve. Heather just turned twenty-five last spring.

As Violet finishes half of her sandwich, two cats, one shiny black and the other pure white, runs down the stairs chasing each other and playing around. They both rolled on the floor as they arrived on the final step of stairs. Violet giggled as she sees her two cats playing.

"Joey! Topaz! Come here!" Violet called her two cats. The cats know that voice really well and they came quickly to Violet. Joey, the black cat is the most pampered one. He's very friendly even with strangers. Topaz, the white one, is also friendly, but mostly with Violet. Joey jumped on Violet's lap, begging for her to stroke his fur.

Violet giggled again as she finishes her sandwich before stroking his fur. Topaz, down below starts to meow at Violet, asking for her to stroke her head too. Joey looks down at Topaz as if making fun of her for not being stroked. Violet smiled at her two cats' behavior. Heather whose been watching them smiled lightly before calling out for Violet.