Chapter 7: Party time

Watching the blue sky, Violet observes the shapes of the clouds as she lies on the grass of her front yard after watering the plants. She gives out a quiet sigh before rubbing both of her cheeks. It’s the weekend and she has to do most of the chores since her Aunt has to work on Saturdays as well. She continues to stare at the sky as her mind plays back the time when she sees Jared and Lily together.

They are getting closer and closer these past months ever since she brought her to their lunch table. Violet feels a little jealous at Lily but she tries not to think about it too much since it makes her heart somewhat broken.

The people that are passing, looks at her as she continues to lie down. Embarrassed after she notices them, Violet gets up on her feet quickly and walks back inside the house. Her cats are sound asleep despite it still being morning. They were already awake, they just went back to sleep.

Violet chuckles slightly before petting their heads and go straight towards the laundry room to put the dirty clothes into the washing machine. She walks back in and hears her phone giving out the message tone in her pocket. She takes it out and checks it. It’s from Jared. Violet blushes slightly before reading the message.

Party tonight at McAllister’s! Come to my house and I’ll bring you there, yeah? I’ll see ya!

Violet smiles happily before putting her phone away and goes back to doing chores. John McAllister is a junior in her school and he likes to throw parties on the weekend.

The evening comes around and Violet is sitting on her bed as she puts on her socks. She’s wearing a loose purple shirt with dark blue straight cut jeans. She later puts on her army-like dark green boots before typing up her hair into a ponytail. Topaz and Joey are wrestling with each other on her bed again. Violet chuckles as she gently takes them both apart to kiss their head.

Violet had left a note on the dining table for Heather to see when she comes home from work. She goes out and locks the door before leaving the keys inside the orchid pot where they always leave it when none of them are home. Violet walks over to Jared’s house while watching the sky. Its half-moon and the stars are shining. Watching the night sky is always the best. Without a warning, Violet bumps into someone and making her stumble backwards before the person catches her.

She looks at the person and realizes it is Vlad. He helps her get back on her feet before looking at her.

“Ah, gee. Thanks, Vlad. You saved my head there.” Violet smiles as she looks at Vlad. Vlad smiles and nods in reply.

“You need to always watch out where you go, silly.” He says teasingly before looking at his house. “Jared sure is taking his time.” Vlad sighs before looking at Violet. Violet smiles at him before looking at the house and nods.

“Same old Jared I guess.” She chuckles slightly before looking at Vlad again. “Do you think Jared and I are ever gonna be together?” She asks quietly to Vlad. Vlad shakes his head gently.

“Who knows?” Vlad answers quietly before looking straight into Violet’s eyes. There’s a silent in between them as he continues gazes into her eyes. Violet’s heart jumps slightly as she watches him. Vlad then starts to move his face towards hers slowly. Violet notices this would flinch back slightly snapping Vlad out before he turns away and walks over to the car with his cheeks flushing a slight red.

“V..Vlad?” Violet says as she looks at him. He stays quiet as Jared starts to come down the path.

“Hey guys! Sorry for the wait. Uh, is everything okay?” Jared asks as Vlad was quiet and so is Violet.