Chapter 17: Last day of school

The gentle breeze blows as students leave the building, heading into their spring/summer vacation just after the final school bell rings. For Violet, however, she has to stay behind to help out with the graduation prom that’s going to happen that evening. She sighs quietly after finishing putting the ribbon up in the assembly hall. The chairs have been cleared up for the seniors to dance on the floor.

Violet comes down from the ladder before leaning it on the side wall. The teacher that is in charge for preparing the dance hall is giving out orders to the students that are there to help them. Lily and Emily are there, so is Tyler. Jared and Vlad are still somewhere in school doing some of the errands their teachers asked them to do.  

She looks around the room; the theme for that night is Midnight in Paris. Everything was beautiful. They even built a replica of the Eiffel tower. Violet walks over to Emily who is helping Lily arranging the flowers.

“So, how is everything? Good?” Violet asks after sitting down next to Emily.

“Great! I’m so envying these seniors! They get way better decorations than our prom last two weeks!” Emily says as she places the flowers in the vase. Violet chuckles and looks outside; there’s not a single trace of snow. The snow melts pretty fast here when spring sets in.

“Well, at least we’ll get some reward after helping the teacher out with this. Besides, when we’re graduating, we might have a much more awesome decoration than this!” Lily adds to Emily as she picks up one of the finished vases and places them on the area where the teacher wanted them to be on. Violet smiles at her friends before picking up the other vases as well and places them on the tables.

Not long after, Jared comes into the hall and looks around. He walks over towards them and smiles.

“The hall looks great.” He says before hugging Lily gently.

“Hahah, yeah. The teacher’s the one that’s setting the orders on how to put things together so.” Violet answers before shrugging. Tyler walks over towards them and looks at Emily.

“Emi, we have to get going now. My parents are already waiting outside.” He says to Emily. Emily nods at him before wiping her hands with a tissue. Emily hugs Lily and Violet before waving at them.

“See you guys! Have a great vacation!” Tyler nods at them as well before holding Emily’s hand gently and walks towards the exit. Jared chuckles before looking at Violet.

“Vlad will come over in a few minutes. He has some errands to do.” He says while holding Lily close to him. Lily smiles over at Jared before patting his back and resumes back to work.

After another hour of working, outside is getting dark and Lily decides to leave for home. Jared offers her a ride home and says bye to Violet. Before Lily leaves, she runs over to Violet and gives her a hug before leaving with Jared towards his house to get his car. Violet chuckles as she watches them both leave before fixing up the final touches. She sighs happily as she looks at her work before looking at her teacher.

“Thank you, Violet. You’ve helped me out well. You can leave now. Have a great vacation, dear.” Her teacher says as Violet puts the tools she used back in their places. She says bye to her teacher and wishes her a good vacation before leaving towards her locker to get her bag out. As she closes the locker door, she feels someone’s arms wraps around her stomach before she lets out a shriek and turns around to see who it is. It was just Vlad.

“Vlad! Geez, you and your bad habits to scare me!” She says before freeing herself slowly to look at him Vlad chuckles before taking her bag and slings it over his right shoulder.

“Yeah, I know. I love your shocked face when I scare you.” He says, making Violet blush. She looks away pretending that she’s upset with him. Vlad chuckles before pulling her towards him and kisses her cheeks. Violet’s face turns red slightly before looking at him.

“Your pouting face is also cute, Vi.” Violet’s heart beats fast before she smiles and pokes his nose before shaking herself off him and walks off towards the exit first. Vlad chuckles again before following next to her and holds her hand gently.

When they arrive in front of Vlad’s house, he tells her to wait before dropping his backpack at the front porch and comes back to her to send her home. Violet laughs and looks at him.

“You know, you don’t have too. I can walk by myself.” She says as they start walking with Vlad still carrying her bag. He holds her hand again to pull her close to him before kissing her head.

“I rather walk you home so I could spend at least 5 more minutes with you.” Violet blushes again as he says that before squeezing his hand gently. Oh how she loves him so much. After Violet reaches the front porch of her house, she takes her bag from Vlad before hugging him gently.

“Thanks, Vlad.” She says before looking at him. Vlad smiles at her before he presses his lips against hers gently. Violet closes her eyes and kisses him back gently. Vlad breaks away from the kiss before cupping her cheeks and kisses her forehead gently.

“Good night, Violet. I love you.” He says before smiling and hugging her again.

“I love you too, Vlad.” Vlad pulls away again from the hug before walking back towards his house. Violet stands there and watches him as he walks back. He looks at her and waves before continuing his walk back. Violet smiles while she enters her house and locks it behind her.

She walks up the stairs as her two cats follow her from behind. She turns the lights on in her room and places her bag down on the side of her table before lying down on the bed. The pink teddy bear falls down from the sudden move on the bed. Violet looks at it before taking it gently and hugging it to her chest. Her cats jump on her bed as they too want attention from her. She laughs and gives them kisses on their heads before putting the teddy on her lap when she sits up and looks at her two cats. She strokes both of their furs at the same time before smiling to herself.

“Your best friends are always the right one for you.”