*✿ 004

Meanwhile,Evening,Sakamaki's residence

Meanwhile,
Evening,
Sakamaki's residence..

Third Person's POV

Reiji heaved out a sigh of worry, staring at his empty plate. All brothers just finished having dinner. Though, the dinner was an awkward one. Reiji and Ayato weren't as chatty as usual.

It was their way of protesting Subaru's and Shu's harshness toward (Y/n). They went overboard sometime, especially Shu who always got into verbal argument with (Y/n).

Shu and Subaru immediately left Ayato and Reiji right after dinner ended. They went to mind their own businesses.

Noticing his restlessness, Ayato began talking to him.

"What's wrong, Rei-nii?"

"I don't think she's coming back home."

"Oh, (Y/n). You know the usual. Bet she's staying over at her friend's house again."

"I'm okay if the friend is a girl...but in this case, her friend is a guy. Isn't that worrisome?"

"Well, can't blame her for not having enough close female friends."

"I know. Still, I'm worried for her."

"If I'm you, I won't waste my time doing that. Her friends may be delinquents but they treat her right. Damn, I have a feeling they treat her like a queen."

"You think so, Ayato?"

"I mean, take today's event in the morning as example. Her friend willingly picked her up and brought her to school. Doesn't seem like a bad friend to me."

"You may be right...but..."

"Rei-nii, chill for a moment, will you?"

Ayato patted Reiji's shoulder to provide reassurance. Reiji sighed again, sadness dawned over his face.

"Lucky, don't you think? Her friends, I mean. She loves hanging out with them more than with her family."

"To be honest, it's better for her to stay that way. Staying at home with those two demons of brothers will be a hell for her. I'm actually happy she found happiness with her friends."

"I guess you're true. Seems like I'm a bit jealous of her friends."

"Rei-nii, you're too doting and clingy. You do know she will get married in the future, right? You can't be clingy with her when that time come. So, gotta get used to our lives without her presences."

Reiji was horrified, realization hit his mind upon hearing Ayato's statement. He couldn't believe he forgot such important fact. While he was facing life crisis, Ayato was playful as usual.

Reiji's devastating moment was intervened by a loud buzzing noise from Ayato's phone. Ayato picked up the call and his gaze lit up.

"Oh! My boyfriend called. My bad, Rei-nii. But I'm going out now. Don't feel lonely, okay?" Ayato apologized, smiling a little at his older brother. "Okay. Be careful and stay safe, Ayato." Reiji nodded. Ayato waved his hand before excusing himself to answer the call.