*✿ 043

After the situation settles down,At the hospital,Miyamura's office

At the hospital,
Miyamura's office..

Third Person's POV

Miyamura wrapped Subaru's sprained wrist with a bandage after treating him. "It's done. You're excused now. Thank you for lending a hand." He excused the nurse who had been helping him. The nurse smiled before leaving the office.

"Thankfully, it's not a broken wrist. It will subside after a while of resting but do avoid any heavy-lifting activity." Miyamura advised whilst Subaru just quietly nodded.  "By the way...why don't you boys leave for a moment? Subaru-kun here needs some space-"

"It's fine. I want them here." Subaru was quick to intervene before Miyamura could ask the delinquents to leave his office. The dark-haired man shifted his gaze to his little sister's close friends. "I like to thank you for stopping Shu just now."

"How idiotic can you be? I didn't do it for you. In fact, I appreciate it if you allow me to punch your face as well." Ran sarcastically remarked, much to Kakucho's dismay. Rindou didn't dare to say a word to his older brother. Ran almost hit him earlier for getting in his way to send Shu to afterlife.

"Now, now... I know Subaru-kun has a bad history with (Y/n)."

"I will never blame them for behaving this way, Doctor Miyamura." Subaru had been overlooking the boys' obvious loathing and constant rudeness toward him for unknown reasons.

"I know I'm still one of the blacklisted visitors.. But could you please consider arranging a visit for me? Please, I like to meet (Y/n) —"

"Fuck, NO. Only God knows what's going on in your head so you must be scheming something to hurt (Y/n)." Ran firmly prohibited, standing up from the couch as he glared dagger at Subaru. "You are untrustworthy."

Ran had been blatantly speaking out his thoughts without any regards toward the other party's feelings. How could he not act protective? (Y/n) was already hurt too much and he didn't want her to experience more pain.

"Aniki.." Rindou understood his older brother's protectiveness and he wouldn't blame Ran for acting this way in (Y/n)'s stead.

"I'm sorry, Subaru-kun...it's not a simple procedure. After what happened last time.."

"...I see. So no matter what I do, I can't visit her?"

"Well, you are only not allowed to visit her at the hospital ground. Maybe you can meet (Y/n) once she is discharged?"

Miyamura suggested to Subaru, only for Ran to huff in discontentment.

"I will beat you up if I see you near (Y/n)." Ran's husky voice was seething with warning. "Ran, that's enough." Kakucho finally stood up to put an end to Ran's constant harassment toward Subaru.

Subaru hung his head low in complete silence. He would be lying if he wasn't offended by the treatment he received yet deep down, he realized he deserved it. For years, he "detested" (Y/n). No doubt her close friends would harbor hatred toward him.