Chapter 17 -- I Am Going Back To Ishinomaki!?

I walked down the stairs as I saw my sister and Miki talking in the living room, having a rather serious conversation that had put both my sister and Miki to tears. I did my best to liven up the atmosphere as I cheered.

"Miki-chan!" I shouted as I walked over to her "I did not know that you were coming over!?"

"Ah, there you are, Nanami-chan!" she leapt up from the sofa as she ran over, sweeping me off of my feet as she carried me over to the sofa, plopping down "Aww, your hair is so soft and fluffy...I could smother my face in it all day!" She placed her face in my hair as I giggled, laughing.

"Miki-chan! Stop! That tickle's!" laughing.

"Your sister was just telling me about your first salon experience. So, how did you like it?!"

"It is rather...relaxing." I admitted.

'Strange that she can get Nanami to open up!' my sister pondered 'I—I wonder how she is going to take the news of about our trip's destination? I am still rather shocked myself.'

"So, why the tears?" I asked, hoping that I wasn't opening a can of worms.

"Do you remember that onsen trip your Onee-chan and I were planning?" she asked me as I nodded "I was able to find us a really nice onsen and hotel at a reasonable price! Isn't that exciting?!"

"Then, why are you and Onee-chan crying?" as I was rather perplexed.

"Nanami-chan, there is something that you should know about our trip..." my sister said as I had a bad feeling about this. 'How do I tell her this?!' as she did not know an easier way to deliver the bad news.

"I am so sorry, Nanami-chan!" Miki apologized "I should have checked before I rented the rooms! I was just so excited to get such an amazing deal! I messed up big time!"

"Checked what?"

The two Onee-chan's glanced at one another as my sister decided that it should be her to tell me this. "The onsen that we are booked to stay at for the night, is along the shores of the Mangokuura Sea..."

"The sea?!" I asked, chilled "You mean, the ocean!?"

Miki nodded her head, taking over "We will be near the Pacific Ocean, but before we can reach the onsen, we have to pass through Ishinomaki. It was the place where you, Kaori-chan, Keiko-chan and I were born."

"IshIsh—Ishinomaki!?" I stuttered.

That was one place that I never thought that I would ever have to see ever again in this lifetime. And now, that city was directly in our path, heading straight for the onsen!

"Onee-chan!" I cried "I do not want to go back to Ishinomaki!"

"I know Nanami-chan, I am not all too thrilled about it myself. But Miki-chan is right, we should go and pay our respects to our family that had died there."

I could not control the hot tears as they flowed out of my eyes. I did not know if my heart to take the pain of remembering that day when the earth shook, and the ocean swept us away. Everything that was originally 'me', had died there! My grave resided within the ruins and scars upon that land.

"Please Onee-chan!" I begged again "I do not want to go!" I cried in Miki's lap as she watched over me. She did not expect me to have such a negative reaction to the news of heading back to Ishinomaki. My sister picked me up, placing me on her knee as she whispered to me.

"What about Onee-chan?" she asked me "Will you not honor her memory?"

"Onee-chan...?" I cried as that was why I was afraid to go.