Chapter 35 -- I Am A Year Older!?

The sun had finally set on this grey and dreary spring day.

Back at home, I was delighted to eat a well-prepared meal that my sister had cooked. As of lately, she had been taking many private cooking lessons with Miki, and I could taste the improvement in the grilled fish and seaweed salad.

Now, it was my lesson time as sister was teaching me how to sew -- a skill that both men and women show know how to do -- as it would save us a lot on clothing costs.

When I was tired of pricking my fingers, and had successfully repaired my buttons on a few of my blouses, I then retired to my room for some quality reading just before bed.

I pulled out the GL manga that Mira had suggested that I read. I did not want to tell her that I had not quite yet begun reading her suggestions, especially after how excited she seemed.

I glanced at my 'shortened' collection of manga upon the shelf, most of which I have kept were of yuri and slice of life: all unconscious mistakes when I still went by the name of Jeremy. I have never read any of them, but now wonder if my being influenced by Nanami had far extended into my childhood, and not as a young adult.

'I have done so many girly things back then! Things that I could not explain.'

I dedicated myself to at least reading one of Mira's top-picks as I began reading the first chapter.

At first, it took a moment for me to get into the story, but soon I had completed chapter one and then two and three and four...and was already halfway into the book as I had finally had a synopsis of what I was actually reading!

'Holy hell! This is yuri?!'

The cutesy book that I was reading had come from the general audience section of the bookstore. But the material in the book was really erotic for a GA label! Just not lewd by images or suggestive words, but quite 'suggestive' through emotions and feelings.

Unlike harems and pointless sex-scenes in books that had once pushed me through puberty as a boy; the romantic scenes in this manga included the purest forms of love; of two women intertwining their hearts, minds, and bodies into a beautiful symphony of true emotional coupling.

I somehow had finished the whole book in a twitter of daydreams and strange feelings. It was so addictive that I reread it once more as I had to finally admit that girl's love comics were quite emotionally moving! It made me feel strange all over, tingly and trapped in vivid reveries. I finally closed the book as I just laid there on my futon.

"We have much to talk about, Mira-chan! Fufufu!" I smirked; the scenes were still fresh in my mind.

The next day, while I sat quietly in the classroom, waiting for class to begin: I watched the world outside as my interests were spreading away from my hometown as I began wondering about taking a long trip to Kyoto to see the many shrines and temples in the ancient capitol.

"Ta—Tamaya-san?!" said a male voice as I turned away from the musing.

"Heee! Heeeey guys!" as it was Haru and Akio, the same boys that I had caught in the bookstore, trying to sneak into the restricted adult-only zone.

"We just wanted to uhm, clear up some things, yesterday..." Akio begs of me.

"That is right! The bookstore...there is nothing to explain!"

"We were just, uhm...discussing some things near the restricted zone." Akio then told me "When you caught us, it was just really bad timing!"

"You do not need to explain yourselves to me. I totally understand your situation! Fufufu!" I smiled, feeling impish "It is only natural for young boys to be inquisitive about what is hidden behind all these garments!" I leaned in closer, towards them as I smiled like a devilish fox, having a little fun with their insecurities. "I tell you what, if you would like to know more about human anatomy, then how about I treat the two of you to some extracurricular studies next time!? I have a few books that might help explain a thing or two."