Chapter 19 -- I Am Going Viral!?

I certainly need a vacation from my vacation!

The trip to Ishinomaki and the Onsen had changed me.

I faced my painful past, cried and grieved. I got to meet Nanami once again, and return back to the exact place where I had died: and out of the ashes of my old life...I was reborn as Keiko's imouto-chan.

And even though I once fought against the changes; now I am accepting this life, as I could have returned back to the spirit world twice. I accepted being Nanami for the rest of my mortal life.

---

A week had finally passed as I was sitting in front of my computer, watching a young girl going viral with her video.

She wasn't an actor, and her script was really bad! But what made her a viral success was her brutal honesty and adorableness. She wasn't afraid to be herself.

"Ohayo gozaimasu, from digital land, wonderful world!" she cheered, animated as a nekomata with a pair of black cat ears filled with white fluff. She even had two visible feline teeth and wore a little bell around her neck. She was the eponymous of cuteness. She could probably speak gibberish and still receive over one million views.

'I wonder if her cuteness is 'learnable?'' as I was taking pointers on how to act cute and girly. If I was going to spend the rest of my mortal life as a female; I ought to know how to behave like one.

"...before we begin, lets address last videos comments. I've seen that many of you are really interested in how to increase your cuteness and charm to becoming the 'purrfect' girlfriend." "Here is a message from Inarigirl1212: Dear Neko, what advice would you give for knowing the limits of your 'cuteness', and when it is far too excessive? Why, thank you for your message Inarigirl1212—"

---

"What are you watching Nanami?" my sister asked as I glanced back, smiling. I have gotten used to her entering my room without much as a word or a knock.

"Neko." I answered "She is a viral social media blogger with a million views.

"She is a cosplayer?" my sister asked as I giggled, shaking my head.

"She is using really good 3D motion caption software and living online as an avatar. This is actually a safe way to conceal your identity. See..." as I pointed to the computer screen, at Neko "...the software has been trained to recognize her facial expressions and motion and that information is uploaded to the live broadcast."

"That is actually amazing software...it must be really expensive...?"

"Nope, can I see your phone?" She was somewhat reluctant, but surrendered her phone to me. I open the app and installed it as I activated the app to show her "It is actually an online app that anyone can download and use."

"That sounds really fun to use!" My sister takes back her phone, turning the camera on herself as she selects an avatar of a squirrel. "Aaah! I look so adorable! I look just like an anime character!" as the squirrel girl mimicked her on her phone. I just smiled; glad that she was having fun.

"And now, a special guest!" Neko said as a dog-like girl joined her on the computer "My dad!"

"Wait!" Keiko asked over my shoulder "Why is her father using a girl's avatar!? Isn't that a little creepy?!" I closed my eyes, shaking my head.

"You are missing the point of online VR, Onee-chan." I told her "In reality, we all must learn to live as we were born—or, as we were reincarnated?" as I did not know where I fit into that statement. "Anyway; anyone can be a little girl if they choose. And for some, it is a form of escapism from their own meaningless lives. To live their desired dreams and make them come true."