The Phone Call~ Chapter 8

Jay's P.O.V

It's been a good couple of months since Hailey moved out. A week after that whole incident me and Erin decided to give us another shot. At first she was hesitant, since she didn't know if I was over my relationship with Hailey, but all  it took was convincing her that she's been the one I wanted all along and she admitted how even in New York she never had a relationship since I she knew I was her forever person. This morning I woke her up with pancakes and coffee in bed. "What's all this?" She asks shocked. "It's  your breakfast here in bed." I smile at her and give her the tray. "You know you don't have to do this right." She says while taking a sip of coffee. "Yeah I know that but I wanted to." "So should I get used to this every morning?" She asks with a laugh. "On special occasions and maybe some not, you'll just be surprised by it." I tell her while climbing next to her. "Well thank you, your amazing." She lays her head down on me and I give her a kiss on her head. "Nah I think your the amazing one." I tell her and that gets her to laugh. "I guess we will have to bet on that then." 

Erin's P.O.V

After breakfast in bed me and Jay shower and get ready for work. When we get to work Hank is already putting a case on the board. "Now that everyone is here I can tell you our case." Hank says. "This is John Jenkins, DOA at his office, he has 2 kids a son and daughter, his wife died 10 years ago, for all we know his current girlfriend lives in the house, but his assistant Caroline Sherman hasn't been at work for a week, for all we know she could be connected." Hank explains. "So we think that he had something on the assistant and she wanted him dead for it." Kevin says. "Or he had money left for her and she got greedy and wanted it." Adam says while pointing to the board. "Either way we need to figure this out, Halstead and Lindsay I want you to go interview the kids, Atwater and Upton go back to his office see what else you can find, Burgess and Ruzek you two go track the assistant." Hank instructs. When me  and Jay get outside he puts his hand out. "Keys please." He says while giving puppy eyes. "Fine just because your truck is to giant for me." I tell him while laughing and handing him the keys. 

Jay's P.O.V

After we wrap up the case I drop Erin off at home and go to see Will. "Hey Maggie, where's my idiot brother?' I ask her when I walk in. "He should be around here somewhere." She says while paging him. Less than a minute later he walk out. "What do you need now little brother? Are you hurt again?" He asks while cracking a laugh. "I'm perfectly fine." I tell him. "So what are you here for?" "Well I should probably tell you the backstory first." "This is going to be great a whole story, give me a minute while I go get popcorn." He says while laughing more.   "Well first Erin's back, and me and Hailey called things off she admitted what she did." I tell him.  "Hold up what did she do." "She got Erin fired and set things up just to be with me." "Well damn I'm surprised no one seen that sooner." "Yeah me too, but now that Erin's back we decided to give things another shot, so the reason I'm here is because I want to know if you still have mom's ring." He looks shocked for a minute before speaking. "Of course, I have it, follow me." I follow him to his locker where he opens it and hands me the ring. "Thanks Will." "Any time little bro, let me know how things go." "Yeah I will." After that I put the ring in my pocket and head home to Erin.