The Phone Call ~ Chapter 11

Erin's P.O.V

It was a few weeks after the wedding me and Jay have finally returned to work after the honeymoon. It was around 2 in the morning, and I couldn't sleep probably from the stress of last week's case. I carefully climbed out of bed not wanting to wake up Jay. After putting on running shoes I quietly left the house and went for a run.

A few minutes in there was a car that went off the bridge without thinking I jumped in after the car seeing two people trapped. Icy cold water doesn't help me stay under long I was able to quickly grab the guy but by the time I went back down for the girl the car was gone. 

Jay's P.O.V 

 I woke up and Erin wasn't there I assumed she had went to work to work on paperwork so I got ready and headed to the station. As I got there Voight was on the phone with someone, Kim, Adam and Kevin were there. Just then Voight walks out of his office "Halstead follow me" he said quickly walking down the stairs. I followed him confused "What's going on?" I asked him. "That was Platt she's on her way back with your wife." "Hold up why is Erin with Trudy?" Just then we get downstairs and Erin is walking in behind Trudy. She immediately hugs me. "What happened." I look at her carefully her hair was wet and she had on layers of warm clothes. 

Erin's P.O.V

I explained to Jay what happened and he suggested I take the rest of the day off but I told him I was fine and wanted to help with the case anyway I could. Turns out the guy had kidnapped that girl the guilt of saving the wrong person took over no matter how many times Jay, Hank, or anyone else told me it wasn't my fault and I didn't know there was still that guilt that stayed. 

Jay's P.O.V

I felt horrible that I had no clue Erin left the house this morning and even worse knowing that my phone was off when she tried calling from the hospital but also thankful that Trudy was there for her. That night when we got home she took a long hot bath and layed in bed wanting space and quietness to think. 

Erin's P.O.V

I felt horrible about ignoring Jay but he was able to understand and gave me the space I wanted to think. In the middle of the night when he was asleep I couldnt fall asleep till I apologized to him. I rolled over to his side of the bed and hugged him "I'm sorry." I whispered to him laying my head down on his chest to feel the comfort I know he gives me. 

A/N: So sorry for the long time I haven't updated I promise I'm getting back on track to writing and finishing stories and starting new ones. If you haven't noticed this chapter was basically 9x13 of P.D rewritten into Linstead format but also with a small twist because who doesn't love that