The Phone Call ~ Chapter 9

~6 month time jump~

Jay's P.O.V

Today was the day me and Erin were going to spend the day at Navy Pier. She thinks it's just a normal date like something we would usually go on, but instead it's going to end with me proposing to her. Hank had given full approval plus the "If you hurt her, you'll never see the light of day again and no one will be able to find your body." speech. Just then Erin walks in, "You almost ready to go?" I ask her. In return she gives me her signature glare. "I'm barley even dressed." She says while walking to our closet and searching through a million clothes. "You know whatever you wear will look perfect on you." I tell her while watching how she tries to decide over 2 dresses. "I know that, but I want to impress you." She says while changing into a medium length red strapless dress. "Baby you know anything you do impresses me." I tell her while giving her a quick kiss.  She smiles at that remark. "I think I'm ready to go now, before you say more cute things like that." 

Erin's P.O.V

We got to Navy Pier and walked around for a while before choosing a restaurant to eat at for dinner before coming back later. "So why the 5 star restaurant again?" I ask him. "Well for starters, I want to treat you to the best and secondly, you deserve a nice dinner." He says while smiling and grabbing my hand from where he's sitting across from me at the table. "So, there's no special occasion tonight? Just us having a nice dinner." I ask him knowing something must be up. "No special occasion at all, I think we deserve a break from all the takeout boxes sitting in our refrigerator." He says with a slight chuckle. We take our time and small talk, when the food arrives, we still pay attention to each other. Finally leaving the restaurant about an hour and a half later we head back to Navy Pier.

Jay's P.O.V

As we get to Navy Pier, I check the time and see we have 20 minutes till the fireworks start. "Erin, I wanted to talk to you." I tell her while we stand by the boat docks. "Sure what's up she says while looking worried but hiding it in her voice. "Erin your the love of my life I knew that after we first started dating, I knew you've always been the one for me, you've been there for me when I needed you, we've had so many good times together, I try to forget I lost you once, but I never want to lose you again, I want to wake up in the morning next to you, go to sleep with you and your wall of pillows, I want to build a life with you, so Erin Marie Lindsay will you marry me?" I get on one knee and open the box that holds my mother's ring. "Yes of course I will." She says with tears down her face. I stood up and put the ring on her finger and kiss her, just then the fireworks start. She pulls away and looks over at the sky then back at me. "Did you plan all this?" She asks surprised. "I did and it's been planned for a while now." I tell her. She leans into me as I wrap my arms around her waist and hold her there while we watch the fireworks. "I love you so much." She says while the fireworks start to end. "I love you too and a lot more than you think." I tell her. We end the night at home celebrating our engagement then falling asleep in each other's arms.