March-May 2004

"You're joking, right?"

"Why would I be joking?"

"Because you just had Josephine..."

"The sooner we have them all, the better," Erick shrugged.

"Anne," Mel blinked. "How many children are you planning to have?"

"Six!" Anne said. "Or Five. Depends."

"On what?"

"How long it takes to have a boy."

"You keep getting pregnant 'cause you want a boy?" Ginny snorted. "That's mental!"

"I mean, if they want to have a boy then by all means do! But... isn't it easier, like, adopting? Or maybe use magic?" Mel suggested.

"That would be cheating."

"Having children is not a game," Erick stated. "Listen, if it were up to me I'd be happy with the girls we have, but Anne insists on having a boy, so we keep trying."

"Not the worst sacrifice you've had to make, is it?" Mel teased him.

"If my wife wants it so badly, how can I refuse?" He grinned.

"Be careful, you could end up like Mel and Harry," Ron mentioned as he entered the drawing room.

"Very funny," she scowled at him.

"I still can't believe you're having twins!" Hermione shivered. "It's a bit scary to think of two mini Mels running around—"

"They could be mini Harrys!" Mel responded angrily.

"Yeah, but that is so frightening we prefer to ignore it," Erick joked.

"Stop it!" Harry threw a chicken bone at the man across the table. 

Mel turned it into a butterfly. "Don't do that in front of the kids!"

"They're not paying attention!" He looked over his shoulder. "They're braiding Padfoot's tail..."

Emily, Elizabeth, Teddy, and Regulus were dressing up the boy's dog like a fairy. The black pet was sleeping soundly, unbothered by the children's game.

"So when is your baby due, anyway?" Mel returned to their former subject.

"December," Anne smiled. "It'll be our Christmas present to the girls."

"Ah, the only thing a rich man can't buy—"

"A baby?" Ron chortled. "Pretty sure he could do it if he asks around..."

"Happiness," Mel kicked his foot under the table. "A real family."

"I had a family already," Erick looked at the group with endearment. "I just wasn't a father."

"Have you seen the babies' room? Ginny and Mel just finished it yesterday," the mention of fathers pushed Harry to talk about his near future. "It's really nice."

"It was loads of fun!" Ginny said blithely. "I bought loads of toys, it's so fun being able to spoil children that aren't mine..."

"You sure are putting to use all of the money you've got," Ron raised a brow. "And you still won't give your poor brother free tickets for your games."

Ginny raised a brow. "Last I checked I had no poor brothers."

"C'mon!" Ron complained. "Not even as a wedding gift?"

"That's supposed to be something for the both of you! Not just the groom—"

"I wouldn't mind free tickets, actually," Hermione announced. "I'd like to see you play."