Chapter 3

When Sophie walked into the office the next day, Jax was there with Gemma.

"Good mornin' darlin'," he greeted her. "This is my mom Gemma. She'll be showin' ya the ropes of the office."

"Hi," Sophie said extending her hand which Gemma took.

"It'll be nice to have some help around here," Gemma said before Jax pulled Sophie outside.

"I got you a doctor's appointment with my old lady at Saint Thomas tomorrow. I know you don't want your business out there, but Lee told me. I ain't gonna ask you which one of my guys it is, but just be prepared for the worst," Jax told her.

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked though she pretty much knew the answer.

"You were a croweater, an easy fuck to whoever it was you were with. They weren't planning on having a kid with you," Jax said as gently as possible.

Despite knowing that, having someone say it made Sophie tear up. "You don't think I know that, Jax? That's the one thing I keep playing in my head over and over again. I understand you're trying to help, but please stay the fuck out of my business."

Sophie went back in the office, and that's where she spent a majority of her time. By the end of the day, she had learned almost everything she needed to know about the office and what she needed to do. She knew so much that Gemma was already taking the next day off so that meant Sophie would be running it by herself once she got back from her doctor's appointment.

When she walked in the clubhouse, she took a seat on the couch beside Tig who put his arm around her. Even though she was sure his gesture wasn't just that of a comforting friend, she leaned into his touch.

"Long day baby?" He asked her.

"You wouldn't even believe it," she told him.

Sophie was just about to doze off when a pair of strong arms jerked her off the couch and were leading her to her room.

When they got to her room, he let her go, and she spun around.

"Don't fucking touch me like that. I'm not some bitch you can just grab and push around," she said seething with anger.

"Stupid bitch," he grumbled before going to walk out the door. Sophie grabbed his arm and turned him around.

"Why the fuck did you care so much about me laying on him? Huh? You think because we fucked last night that you have some claim on me or something?" She said taunting him.

Happy didn't say anything, but walked up to her and pushed her on the bed before moving to undress himself and telling her to undress. Sophie knew she should have stopped him, but she couldn't. She cared for this man whether she wanted to admit that or not.

Happy left this time after he had finished, but Sophie was glad because she spent that night crying herself to sleep.

*let me know what you guys think! I love to read comments!! xxx*