Chapter 8

"I don't know. Maybe I need to come back home," Sophie told Lee as they were talking on the phone.

"Now why in the hell would you do that?" He asked her.

Sophie sighed heavily before replying,"All of this fighting and shit ain't worth it. I don't know how much more I can take."

Lee felt bad for the girl. He knew how Happy Lowman was, and he definitely wasn't the relationship or father type for that matter. "Baby listen, Hap may come around. He's a," Lee was struggling with how to say it," difficult person."

Sophie laughed at that. "Difficult doesn't even begin to cover it. I've gotta go, Lee. I'll call you soon."

After hanging up the phone, she headed into the clubhouse. Kip was behind the counter as usual when Sophie sat down on the opposite side.

"Kip, I'm sorry," she told him but he didn't even look at her.

"Kip, please look at me," she pleaded as his eyes came up to met hers.

"You shoulda told me," he began," Happy is not someone's bad side I wanna be on. I wouldn't have even looked your way if I had known that." With that being said, he walked away from her. Sophie got up when she heard the bikes rumbling outside and headed outside.

She was perched on the picnic table when Happy came and stood in front of her. "You just gonna stare at me all day or do you have something to say?" She asked him.

"Is the baby okay?" Happy asked.

That question took Sophie by surprise. That was the last thing she expected him to say to her after their fight a few days prior.

"The baby's fine. Been kickin' like crazy, but he's good," she told him. Happy nodded as he took the seat next to her.

"Look, I don't do this shit," he began but Sophie cut him off.

"I talked to Lee today, and I can go back. If you don't want me here, I can leave," she told him.

"You ain't goin' any fuckin' where," he said as she looked at him. "Shit, you got my head all fucked up with this and the baby shit."

Sophie smiled. He was trying to relay his feelings. "You want me to stay?" She asked him.

"Yeah," he stayed simply.

She nodded as she spoke,"okay I'll stay, but I need some clarification."

"About what?" Happy asked.

"Are we together? Because I'm not gonna do this whole fucking with no relationship thing anymore," she said to him, scared of his response.

"You're off limits. Nobody's gonna touch you but me," he said as he looked at her.

"Then nobody's gonna be between your legs but me," she challenged.

Happy nodded.

"So am I an old lady now or?" Sophie said laughing. This conversation was making him uncomfortable, and she loved it. Happy simply nodded to that question before getting up and taking her hand.

"Where are we going?" She asked him.

"Dinner at Gemma's in a couple of hours, but I plan to bury myself in you until we have to leave," he said.

"So romantic, Mr. Lowman," Sophie said while giggling as he threw her on the bed in his room.

*Sunday shortie for you guys! Let me know what your thoughts are! I love hearing from you guys! Much love xxxxx*