Chapter 4

"Oh my god is that it?" Sophie asked Tara as she looked on the ultrasound screen at the little peanut-sized thing that was her baby.

"That's it. According to the ultrasound, you're about six weeks along," Tara told her with a bit of distaste in her voice which Sophie picked up on.

"Thank you," Sophie said looking up at Tara as she was wiping the gel off of her abdomen. "Thank you for doing this, I mean, and not hounding me with questions." Sophie meant every word. She knew that both Jax and Tara wanted to know which Son was the father of the little person inside Sophie, but she wasn't ready for anyone to know before she told Happy.

"Yeah, you're welcome," Tara said as she sighed and got up to leave.

"Can I ask what your problem is?" Sophie asked. She wasn't one who fought, but she wasn't going to be disrespected like this either.

Tara laughed a snide laugh before answering,"I just think it was immature for you to come here. You're a croweater, which means he probably doesn't want this baby. Assuming you even know who the father is."

Sophie laughed back at her. "You play me for stupid. I know why you're acting like such a bitch. You're afraid this baby is your old man's." Tara didn't have to answer her, Sophie knew it. "I can assure you this baby is not Jax's. And a correction to your other statement; I WAS a croweater. That's my past, and this baby is my future. I know exactly who the father is. Thank you Dr. Knowles. Have a nice day," Sophie said heading out.

Arriving back at the lot, Sophie got out and headed into the office to catch up on some work.

That is where Jax found her when he came in there to ask about a customer's car.

Before he went out, Sophie called his name. "I'm sorry for the other day. I was out of line."

Jax smirked his signature smirk before walking over and placing a kiss on her cheek. "It's fine, darlin'. You got a lot of shit on you right now. I'm sorry too. Whoever the dad is may want the baby. I was wrong to say anything else."

"Don't apologize. You were just preparing me for the worst," she told him as she laughed a sad laugh before he stood her up and have her a hug.

"What the hell's going on here?" Happy's gruff voice was heard from the door.

"Nothing, man. Just talking to Sophie," Jax told him as he headed out to finish up the car he was working on.

"You are such an asshole," Sophie told him before sitting down to finish up some paperwork.

"You better watch how you talk to me, girl. I don't have much patience for smart-mouthed bitches," Happy told her.

"Is there something you want? If not, I have some important shit to do besides sit here and listen to you talk," Sophie said getting up to leave after Happy shook his head no. Truth is, Happy saw Jax come in here, and he didn't like the idea of Jax being alone with Sophie. Not that he didn't trust his brother, he just didn't want anybody else's hands on what was his. Sophie left him standing in the office to go check on the guys' work outside.

Happy was about to leave before he noticed Sophie's purse had something resembling a picture poking out of it. When he took it out, rage filled him. He was looking at an ultrasound picture with Sophie's name on it.