Part 13: INSOMNIA

I was just 7 years old...I didn't want to witness this....I was a kid....

My name is Chloe. And I want to tell you something when I was just a little girl. I didn't like my bedroom, it was always dark. I was always scared about it. The fact that no light could shine around my room. My parents tried their best to help me, even putting a night light on my bed table. That calmed me for only a few days.

It was at that point I was not able to sleep anymore. Because I felt the dread of something around my room. Something wanting to hurt me. I hated that feeling and it kept me up all night, I didn't get any sleep so I was tired. My parents brought me to therapy, trying to help me from my insomnia. None of it worked. My parents were worried about my situation. I was just scared about what will happen to me if that thing ever got a hold of me.

Once I went to bed, I couldn't sleep at all. All I saw was darkness and the same horrifying feeling of something in the dark. I didn't understand why this was happening to me. I still couldn't sleep. Something was keeping me from it. I closed my eyes but the force just kept me awake, I looked around and realized I was sweating. Then I swore I saw something move past my closet. Something made of the shadows. Then I saw a smile, a white glowing smile.

I then realized I've been awake until morning. I was getting weaker and weaker. I looked around and the morning brightened my room. But I was weak from no sleep.
I heard my parents talking to someone. He looked like a cop but he didn't have a badge and he was holding stuff that I didn't know a cop could use. They told my parents that he and his group had a similar report with a girl named Rose. I stayed behind the wall while they talked until my parents called me. They told me to tell the Man about my situation. And I did.

He told me that he would be there to give me something to protect myself. He gave me a wooden cross and told me to place it at my bedside later at night. I looked at him, I felt I had something to protect me. My parents hugged me and later at night I was brought to bed.

The feeling came back, but it was stronger. it was like starting to come towards me. And when I opened my eyes, it was there. A shadow with a long smile. It grabbed me and threw me to the floor. I screamed and ran for the door but the door was sealed shut and that thing tried to catch me. I threw stuff at the thing and it didn't work. It kept grabbing me and hitting me into the wall. It even broke my light. I thought I was gonna die.

Then I saw a glow on my table. It was the cross that man gave me. I rushed to grab it, I was hurt but strong enough to grab the cross. I felt the cross stab something in the dark and I heard something shriek in pain. I think I had hurt it. The room started shaking violently and then...Nothing...I felt the feeling gone and I had fallen asleep. For the first time in years.

I woke up and my parents had brought me to the hospital. I had a lot of bandages and I was hugged by them. They told me I had survived the night. I guess I was lucky....