Part 18: ASYLUM

"it's not my fault!"

Falsely Accused of Murdering her friend. Rachel was sent to Asylum to be taken care of by them. She tried to defend her name against the accusers but she lost and was sent to the asylum. Rachel felt her life over after this. She was sent into a White Cell and her hands were in a strait jacket. She sat on the floor and started sobbing, She felt sad and at a loss.

She stared at the wall, aimlessly waiting for something to happen. She was worried she would lose her mind and she was going to die here. She was scared for her life. She didn't want to die.

Suddenly she heard the door open, a doctor came in and held their hand out "Hello Rachel. I'm here to help."

She looked up and didn't trust it "Who...Are...you..?" She said slowly. The doctor held her hand "My name is Dr. Tristan Clear, but you may call me Tristan if you wish." He said in a reassuring tone. Rachel felt relieved a bit that he didn't threatened her. "My name is...Rachel.." she said, clearly trusting him.

Tristan sat beside her and started to talk to her, "How are you feeling." He asked her. Rachel looked at him.
"I'm okay....But scared.." she replied to him.

"Are you aware of what you did?" He told her.
"Please hear me out....I didn't do it....I didn't.." she teared up as she said that. Tristan sighed and patted her in the back "Best you get some rest Rachel." He assured her and stood up. He would leave the cell.

Rachel sat in the floor and started thinking about her life, Her friend was dear to her, Why would she kill him? Of course she didn't do it, She was framed. Now the law thinks she's insane and was sent here. Rachel tried her best to get some sleep, trying to accept this is her life now.

In the morning, she was brought to a cafeteria. She had breakfast with the other patients. She didn't talk to any of them. She didn't know what to tell them, what tell them she was accused of murder? Nah.

She stayed by herself. She felt as if someone or something might hurt her here, she tried her best not to think about it. She would go around the building and wonder about her life. Why is this happening to her she asked herself. Then out of nowhere she heard the bell of the church ring, she was confused until she realized it was still 11:50 am.

"that's strange, The bell rings exactly at 12 am." She said to herself but then she looked up and saw a statue, an Angel. She was confused about it having a blindfold and holding a spear. She felt uneasy about it. Then she realized someone touched her shoulder. She was shocked and turned around to see Tristan, Her Psychiatrist.
"are you alright?" Tristan asked her.

"Y-Yes.." she was lying, she felt uneasy about the feeling of being watched by something she can't even see. She looked at Tristan and told him "May I go to my room now?"

"Of course go ahead." He said as he left her. Rachel walked by herself to her own cell. She tried to rest but somehow she could hear the bells ring from a distance. She had a hard time sleeping.

When it got morning she was told to help in the Cafeteria. She reluctantly agreed and went to do so. She helped in fixing the plates and utensils. She was allowed to rest afterwards. As she sat down she felt the urge to close her eyes. Until suddenly the lights shut off. She saw nothing but Darkness. She was afraid. "Hello..?" She called out.

There she saw the Statue, now it was moving. It was holding the spear and heading towards her. Rachel ran as fast as she could, not wanting to die. The Statue was walking slowly toward her. She was starting to cry. She ran into Tristan who caught her "Rachel!? What happened!?"

She looked around, Everything was normal. Everything was bright and she was breathing heavily. Tristan brought her into the Infirmary. She was scared of what she just saw. Tristan tried her best to help her.

A few days passed, Tristan was trying to get her back to her knees. After some time of healing he felt bad for her, he was convinced that she didn't do the crime. He wanted to help her as much as he could until a Colleague of his came up to him.
"Hey did you hear that Statue was rumored to move?" His colleague told him.

"Never heard of it. Why though?"

His Colleague turned to him "To punish the sinners of their sins, Real reason why we keep it here. This place is crawling with them." He told him that in a grim manner and left.

Tristan felt uncomfortable of it and continued his work. He would sigh as he tried to finish his work.

Later, News of something shocked Tristan. The true killer of Rachel's Friend finally confessed. This meant Rachel was finally free to go. He was a bit happy to tell her until he saw the lights flicker. He was confused about it and went to see what was going on but then he saw one of the Doctors on the ground...with his eyes taken out.

Tristan screamed as he saw this. He ran to find help but then he saw a patient holding a hammer, with blood on it. The Patient ran to him and Tristan got out of the way as the patient hit the window and fell to his death. The only thing Tristan needed to do is to find Rachel.

Rachel woke up to alarms as the Asylum was on lockdown. She was shocked as the door was unlocked. She walked around to see a lot of dead people, she was horrified. She came across a group of patients holding weapons and had their eyes taken out. They suddenly rushed to her. She would run away as these patients ran to her. She hid in a room and managed to escape the patients. "What the fuck is happening...." She told herself.

She thought of trying to get out of the asylum, she got up and grabbed a pipe she found. She ran to find the exit until she came across 2 patients. They immediately ran to her but Rachel hit them both with the crowbar. She managed to knock them all out. She ran down the stairs.

Tristan was being attacked by many patients, he was pinned to the ground and tried to fight back. Suddenly the patients were taken out, Rachel was there. Tristan got up and held her hand "Come on we have to leave." He ran to the courtyard to escape the building but suddenly a spear went directly onto his shoulder.

He screamed in pain as he fell on the floor. Rachel was shocked and saw who did it. The Statue, it was there...

Behind it, Many of the Patients were behind it, Like an army. The Statue took the Spear back and pointed it at her. The Patients ran to her, going to kill her.

Rachel gripped her pipe and ran to attack the Patients, She hit one in the head with the pipe, kicked one into one of the patients holding a machete that stabbed them, broke one's neck, broke one's rib and hit one trying to stab her.

Suddenly the Statue grabbed her. She started choking, The statue was silent. Then suddenly she noticed a glowing gem on the Statue's head. She broke free of the statue. She aimed for the gem on the head. It tried to slash her with the spear but she managed to block all the attacks. She was hit on the leg but she didn't stop. She hit the gem and the Statue writhed in pain the got angrier. It started to fly and try to hit her.

Rachel blocked the attacks as much as she can, She tried to get it down and she broke one of the wings, causing it to hit on the wall. She ran to it and landed a powerful hit on the head. The Statue shrieked as the Gem broke. It was dead.

Rachel rushed to Tristan and carried him. They got out as the Asylum suddenly caught on fire. The Building was destroyed and burnt to the ground. Rachel was later found by Authorities and taken to the hospital.
Tristan had survived, Rachel hugged him happily "You're okay..."

"Y-Yeah... Thanks..." He told her.

A few months had passed since that incident. Rachel and Tristan decided to live together. Rachel was grateful that Tristan was there to help her and Tristan was too.

The Asylum was gone.