Part 25: MY MOTHER

I'll find you...I promise...

For Elise, growing up alone was gloomy and too sad. Sadly that was her life. She had no parents, she didn't even know them. All she knew was that she transferred to many foster guardians. Not because she was naughty or anything, it was more that they didn't eel comfortable with Her anymore. It felt like a curse of sorts to Elise.

Elise didn't enjoy how she was treated, like she was shit apparently. She was now 18 and feels like she doesn't need Foster care. But there was something she wanted instead of that, she wanted to find her parents.

Apparently this will not be easy, because Elise doesn't even know them. Elise never got the chance to even see them. Which was a big issue because she doesn't know where to start. Because she was always with other guardians. And to note, Elise was currently in Colorado. Which would mean that she would have to guess 50 States to find her parents. "God damn it..." She just muttered.

But, Elise had an idea. She remembered the first parents she had, all the way in New Jersey. She was 5 years old that time and she still knew the address of their home. Elise would seek answers there, hoping to find out where she came from. Elise immediately packed her things from the apartment she was living in and rode the bus that was going to New Jersey. She pondered on what may happen, will she get her answers? Will she see her parents? Those thoughts came all around her as she watched the road.

There in New Jersey, Elise immediately went off to find the flat that her Foster Parents were in. It was night and it was cold. Plus New Jersey was dangerous at night, since there were many thugs and muggers at night. She walked fast, trying to avoid the very dimly lit streets. And soon she found her Foster Parents' household, which was actually an apartment low and behold. Elise quickly knocked in "Hello?"

Elise waited for a very long amount of time. After what seemed like forever, The door finally opened. A lady looked at her "Elise?"

Elise nodded "Ma." She still called her that despite her not being in her care anymore "it's been a while. I came here to talk with you."

The lady nodded "Oh, why sure come in." She let Elise in and Elise gladly entered. The house was like she remembered when she was a kid, she was only 8 when she was given away. Elise looked at the TV, the Living room and even the kitchen. It brought back memories. "I missed this place.." Elise said slowly.

"Oh I know you do...I'm sorry but I had no choice..." The lady seemed regretful for letting Elise go that time. As much as she had to, she still missed Elise. "But enough about old times...why have you come here..." The lady asked, reminding Elise why she was here in the first place.

"Right, Ma...Um...Where did you get me..?" Elise asked. She saw the reaction of the lady, it seemed she was shocked at the question. "Elise...there are things...that I can't tell you...and where you came from is.... something I can't..."

"Please! I have to know! I need to know! I need to know where I came from..." Elise cut her off, she begged her Foster Mother to tell her. Elise saw the look on her eyes, it was that of temptation. It looked like she was forcing herself not to say it. "I have been wanting to know my life...for many years now...and I know...I know you know..."

The Lady would sigh softly, looking at Elise and taking her hands. "....Blackington..."

Elise was shocked. Blackington? I've never heard of Blackington...? Elise thought about it and looked at her "Where is that...?"

"Nobody knows...but I know you can get there if you find a bus going to that Town..." The lady seemed uneasy as she spoke about the town. "Elise honey....that Town...that town is a whole different world....many horrible things have happened there.....That's why I kept it away from you... because I...I don't ever want you going there..." The lady said, sincerely worried for Elise.