Who is she?

*Continued from Chapter 1 - Syke Angelov*

Steve's POV:

I carried the woman to the medical ward.

"Hi, Jemma Simmons. Nice to meet you Captain Rogers... oh you've found her, thank you." Says a woman that approached me.

"No problem and call me Steve, Ma'am. Please take care of her." I reply.

"Don't worry Steve, she is in the best hands here." Jemma assures me.

"Thank you." I say gratefully.

I get a message from Fury.

Meeting room in 5 mins. Urgent.
-Fury

I make my way to the meeting room and see all the rest are already there.

"Why have you called us Nick. I was busy." Tony monotones.

"Busy making out with Pepper, I bet" Clint remarks, earning him a glare from Tony and a elbow to the ribs fron Nat.

"I want to add a new member to the team." Fury casually announces.

Everyone looks at him with blank expressions.

"Who is it?" I ask a bit to eagerly

"Well Captain, you've met her before, twice actually." Fury motions towards me.

Everyone including me gives him a puzzled look. He then brings up something on the screen.

"Behold, Skylar Angelov the woman you saw outside on the hellicarrier a while ago, better known as Emerald Nightstar, the masked vigilante that saved your butts at the abandoned warehouse." He explains.

That brunette woman I saved only a while ago, is the one who saved me?

"Excuse me." I say and I walk out. I need to see her. I need to thank her. I make my way to the medical ward only to see her sleeping. I take the chair next to her bed and decide I'll wait here until she wakes.

Skye's POV:

I open eyes only to find myself close them straight away. The lights are blinding. Once my eyes adjust to the light I look around. No, no, no! Not again! I need to get out of here I start to panic. I notice a blond, tall muscular man come out my en suite. He sees me and comes over quickly, probably noticing my somewhat distress. He comes over and sits down in the chair next to the bed I'm in. I look at down at my bed sheets. I know him. I just can't pinpoint how.

"Thank you" he says to me.

I look at him confused, "what?".

"For saving me, the abandoned warehouse. I know who you are. How's your wound?" He asks me.

I didn't say anything, I just look at him dumbfounded, realising who he is. He starts to look worried, probably because I haven't said anything back.

"Your welcome. My wound is fine. And thank you". I reply.

Now it's him looking at me confused.

"For saving me earlier, from falling off the edge". I elaborate.

"That's ok ma'am." He smiles.

Gosh if looks could kill I would have died ages ago just looking at him. Wait, what? I push the thought to the back of my mind.

"Please call me Skye." I say.

Yes ma'am - I mean Skye and please call me Steve." He fumbles.

I laugh at his shyness and feel my cheeks burning. Am I blushing? I've never blushed in my whole life. I look towards him to see him blushing too and I feel my cheeks burn more than they are already.
There's an silence between us for a while, not an awkward one but a kind of nice silence I guess.

"Steve?" I ask him.

"Yes Skye? What is it?" He asks.

"Where am I." I ask.

"You're on a S.H.I.E.L.D hellicarrier." He replies honestly and I look at him alarmed.

"Y-y- you're not going to arrest me are you?" I stutter and my body starts to shake. Suddenly he puts his arms around me and I lay my head on his chest. I don't know why but I felt safe when he had his arms around me. I move away and look at him.

"We're not going to arrest you." He assures me. "Actually the Director wants you to join S.H.I.E.L.D, join The Avengers."

"Why would he want me to be part of all this? Everyone here is either someone who has helped saved loads of lives or a hero..." I look him in the eyes and tell him, "I'm no hero."

A/N - I hope you liked it.

~Skye