Missing?

~The next day~

Steve's POV:

It has been almost two days since the 'fake' HYDRA base had caved in... and there's still no sign of Skye. This is my fault. I shouldn't have left her. She could be dead for all we know.

I look around at all that remains of the 'fake' HYDRA base. I volunteered to help the search team. We all did. Me, Thor, Nat, Clint, Bruce, and Tony. They all feel like they wished they had treated her differently. They all hope to get the chance to say sorry, in the hope that she'll forgive them.

We broke off into pairs, covering more ground and a more chance of finding her quicker... if we find her. Me by myself, Clint and Nat, Thor and Tony in the sky. Bruce stayed behind at the jet so if one of us found her, he could attend to her medical situation straight away.

I'm starting to loose hope when I see a body in the distance. Lying across the floor next to the trees. I run as fast as I can. Like I've never ran before in my life. As I near towards the figure I see red and gold fly past me. Tony. No, I wanted to be the first one Skye sees. I wanted to be the one to save her.

As I'm close to the body I see that it is Skye. Tony has her in his arms when I get there.

"Is she ok?" I pant as I get to Tony.

"Jarvis check for a pulse or any signs of vitals"

"Pulse detected sir. If you do not wake her up now she could slip into a coma."

"Alright thanks Jarvis. I've got to go Steve, I'm needed in the air." Tony says whilst passing her to me. "You heard what Jarvis said."

I nod in affirmation and he flies off into the sky. I've got to get her awake.
"Skye!" I shout. "Skye can you hear me?! Please wake up!... Please!"

"Ugh" She groans as her eyes slowly flutter open.

"Steve?" Her voice is barley above a whisper.

"Skye, I need you to stay awake please don't fall asleep. I'm not going to carry you because you might fall asleep. I need you to try and walk. Can you do that for me?"

She nods then preps herself so she can get up. I slip my arm around her waist as she puts hers behind my neck. I get her up slowly, noticing her wince in pain. As we start to walk back towards the jet I see that she's limping. I resist the urge to carry her knowing she'll end up falling asleep in my arms.

Once we reach the jet I set her down in a seat and Bruce and some other medics rush over to her attending to any injuries. Especially her head one.

Before the jet takes off the others arrive.
"How is she?" Natasha asks.

"She's doing well I guess. I mean she's looking more awake now. If we hadn't found her sooner it's most likely that she would have slipped into a coma"

"Yeah and who's fault is that?" A robotic voice says. I turn around to see Tony, he flips his mask up and looks at me knowingly.

I look down in shame whilst saying "Mine. It's my fault she could have slipped into a coma. It's my fault for leaving her."

Tony just scoffs in agreement and then looks at her one last time before leaving. Why does he all of a sudden care so much? There was a look in his eyes as he looked at her before he left. There's something he's not telling me and I intend on finding out.

Sorry it took so long :/

Woah almost 2k reads?!?! When did that happen?!? Well I'm thinking of doing a Q&A chapter to celebrate as hopefully I'll have 2k reads by then.
However I'm only going to do it if you guys want it. Please comment whether you do, if so comment your question too! x

This chapter is dedicated to Jetreault , Marvel_demigods4Life and Gem7654 who vote/comment on most, if not all chapters. It means so much. Also dedicated to sunshine08xo for being an amazing friend. Their stories are awesome so if you haven't read them... where have you been? Under a rock?

Thank you to everyone else who reads and comments/votes too. They don't go unnoticed my notifications don't let me look that far back so I can't see who you are. Sorry.