Trouble

Today Jake's leading a war party to take out the sky people's train and some expected air craft to acquire more weapons and make a small dent in their plans.
I woke up and went straight to find Neteyam and Lo'ak, we all grew up together. I was right in the middle of Neteyam and Lo'ak's age which was nice bc we got along really well.
My parents also grew up with Neytiri and Jake and fought the sky people together.
Jake and Neytiri are letting Teyam and Lo'ak fly their first mission today, they're on lookout, to call in any incoming bogies. I wanted to help too so I'll be riding a Palulukan helping out anyone who may become injured also helping carry weapons back to home base.

We all rode in together; ikrans and their riders were in the sky ready for action..
the bomb on the train tracks blew and we dove in as quickly as we could. I was passing out guns as fast as I could manage when I did a double take as I handed Lo'ak a gun.
"What are you two doing down here?! Aren't on lookout?" I ask
"Yes, Dad is going to skin us!! If he sees us." Teyam says rolling his eyes
"Stop being such a wuss! Everything's fine!" Lo'ak yells aiming the gun in the air
"Run! Incoming Bogeys!!" Somebody shouts.
I run towards my Palulukan and the boys to their Ikran, but I was thrown through the air from a nearby explosion.
I open my eyes and there's debris floating in the air. I wince as my brain starts to recognize my injuries and pain. I hear muffled screams all around me, and shooting as I see the last bogey go down. I lay there for a moment taking a deep breath when I see Jake run to me.
"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He worries
"I think I'm okay, my back just hurts." I say
"Looks like you just got scraped up pretty good." He grabs my hand and pulls me up.
"Come on, we're all going home!"
I call to my Palulukan and head back, I see Lo'ak and Neteyam flying back as well.

When we get back to home base, Tuktirey is the first to greet her family and I.
I try not to eavesdrop on Jake scolding the boys, but I can't help myself when I see Neteyam's bleeding and Lo'ak holds his head low on shame. Neteyam is taking the blame for something Lo'ak did...
"You're the older brother! You're supposed to be responsible! I let you guys fly this mission and you can't even follow direct orders!" Jake yells.
"I'm sorry sir" Teyam says with his head down
"Stop taking the blame for his crap!" He points at Lo'ak "I know you can't stop your brother from his bad decisions, but you also need to be a good role model. You're dismissed, go get cleaned up." He says
"You're aware you nearly got your brother killed correct?" He asks Lo'ak
He nods "yes, I'm sorry sir."
"Please- just be more responsible and think about your decisions before you make them. Go you're dismissed and get that crap off your face!" Jake shouts
We walk together to find Teyam. He's groaning as his grandmother rubs medicine on his back. I rush to her side with something better that doesn't sting so bad.
"May I?" I ask her
She looks at me slightly annoyed. She gets up and goes to help someone else.
"Y/n you don't have to, I'm fine." He argues
I grab his shoulder pulling him down, "would you stop!" I protest he huffs and sits still for me.
I gently rub the medicine into his cuts, I notice my change in mood and feel myself sad that this happened to him.
I shake myself out of my thoughts, "done!" I say, getting up and going to the next person.
"Nope!" He says, grabbing my wrist and spinning me back towards him. "Your turn, sit." He says
"I'm fine, I don't need any." I say
"I said sit." He growls, I sit immediately ready to comply to whatever he says
He sits behind me and I sit in between his legs. I take deep breaths as his fingers gently run over my cuts with medicine. I can't help, but feel anxious as I feel his slow breaths on the back of my neck and zone in on the way his fingers feel on my back. My eyes start to droop as I relax into his touch. He grips my shoulders, waking me up a bit.
"All done. Thank you for helping me." He says smiling
"Of course! Thank you as well... I should probably go find my parents.. I'm sure you'll want to find Lo'ak." I laugh
He laughs at that, "yes, that skxawng needs to learn a lesson." He says shaking his head. We both go our separate ways, and I can't help but think about the thoughts going through my head when he touched me. It's not like we haven't touched each other in the past, but something's changed.. I just can't quite put my finger on why... for now it is what it is.