✨ Birthday ✨

Neteyam is 18 in this and you are 17 turning 18
Light Smut, kinda long sorry not sorry

I slowly open my eyes to see the sun beginning to rise in our pod. I quietly get ready for the day and head towards the shore.
I float in the shallow water watching the sun rise. My Ilu swims around me along with the many other creatures of the ocean.
The water is warm, it feels amazing on my skin.
I swim with my ilu for a bit before heading back to the shoreline.
When I walk up, I am greeted by Neteyam. The eldest of the Sully family. I greet him with the 'I see you' gesture and he returns it.
"Goodmorning y/n! Want to join me for some breakfast or did you eat already?" He asks
In my head my first thought is 'why is he asking me this, he knows I always skip breakfast?' I sometimes skip lunch too, but I don't like to talk about my bad eating habits with him.
He asks me everyday, if I had eaten yet, sometimes he'll just randomly bring me fruit too. He definitely cares, which makes my heart happy.
"No, I haven't ate anything yet. I was actually going to go help prep with the war party, maybe another day?" I say
"I decline, you actually don't have a choice." He laughs
You look at him, contemplating your next move, feeling torn inside.
"Fine," I roll my eyes "I will eat breakfast with you."
We walk down the path to his parents pod talking about random things here and there.
"Oh! By the way, happy 18th birthday!" Neteyam smiles
"How did you know?!" I ask surprised
"I know everything about you y/n, I would never miss your birthday." He laughs
As he says that we get to the Sully's pod and there's an amazing variety of food. Your parents are there and the other Sully kids, even Tsireya, Aunoung, and Roxto.
"Oh my gosh, you guys... you didn't have to do this for me." I say
"Of course we did! It's your day and we all love you!!" Tsireya smiles
We all enjoy breakfast together, sharing some our favorite memories together.

As we clean up, my mom asks to go on a walk with me.
We walk the shoreline when she finally begins to speak.
"Y/n you are eighteen now.. which means you must find a mate."
I internally face palm. This is not what I wanted to talk about today. I think she can tell I'm slightly uncomfortable.
"We don't need to get into the details, but you're a beautiful woman. I trust you to make the right choice. There are many fine men... I know one in particular has definitely got his eye on you.."
I know exactly who she's referring to.
"I've- had my eye on him as well. I have chosen, but he must choose me as well." I say
"I'm sure that won't be a problem, my love." She nudges me smiling, "he's a good one."
I smile, because she's right. "He is."
We return to the pod and everyone is off doing their own thing.
"Y/n! You're back! Are you going to prep with the war party now?" Teyam asks
"I'm not gonna lie, that was just a dumb excuse to skip breakfast." I laugh, "want to join me at the Spirit Tree?" I ask
"I would love that!" He smiles
He insisted on both of us taking his ilu, something about it being my day and wants me to relax, so I sat behind him, wrapping my arms around him as we rode to the spirit tree.
When we arrived he helped me off the ilu and we both swam down to the tree.
- Neteyam POV -
I watch y/n as she connects to the tree, I then do the same. Eywa shows me y/n, but it's the future. We are mates with kids. Their faces aren't clear, but what is clear, is the love that y/n and I share. I haven't told her that I wish to be mates. That I've chosen her, but I plan to and Eywa just rested all my worries.

- Back to you -

I swim up and feel a deep satisfaction with what Eywa showed me. I have no fear for what the future holds.
"Y/n" Teyam calls my name
"Yes?"
"Come here" he says walking up the rocks off to the left. I swim over and he grabs my hand to help me up.
"I've been waiting a while to tell you this. You might already know what I'm going to say honestly...
I choose you, I've chosen you since the day I met you. You are a beautiful, strong willed woman. I wouldn't want to grow up with anyone else along side me. When I think about going into a fight it's you that I think about returning to or even fighting with. When I think about kids one day, it's you that I want to bear them. It's you. It's always been you. You just- have to choose me as well, if that would make you happy. It would make me the happiest man alive." He says breathlessly
I smile, overly joyous about the words coming from his mouth. It's all I've wanted to hear for a long time.
"It's always been you too Teyam. The day I met you, I knew you would be important in my life and that I wanted you around forever. I love you. I choose you." I say
He slowly walks closer to me, closing the gap. He rests his left hand on my face pulling me close. Right as our lips are about to touch he stops. "Are you absolutely sure you want this?" He whispers
"With every fiber in my being... I've wanted this for so long." I whimper
Without a skip of a beat he closes the gap pulling me to him so that our bodies are touching and kisses me.
His lips are like clouds, so soft and move so gently. I lightly moan in excitement into his mouth, which makes him groan, I thought the kiss was already heavenly, but then he used his tongue and it's like fireworks were going off around us.
I melt into his arms.
I laid down on this patch of moss, on the rocks. "If you want me to stop, just say the word and we will okay?" He says
I nod, ready to make him my mate.
He lays at my feet, slowly spreading my legs open and groans in amusement. He leaves a trail of kisses up my legs teasing me where I needed him. He removes my loincloth and works magic with his tongue and fingers preparing me for what comes after that.
"Oh Ewya, I love you y/n." He says

He removes his loincloth and I'm visibly impressed and also slightly intimidated. "I'll be gentle, I promise my love!"
He places a hand on my hip as he gets himself situated. He puts his other hand on my hip as well and slowly pushes in. My eyes roll to the back of my head in pleasure. His fingers probably leaving bruises on my hips from his tight grip, but at this point I don't even care, because all I feel is immense pleasure. I was getting off on the sight of him in such bliss and the noises he would make. It's a good thing I don't have a ton of walking to do.
We are now mated in the eyes of Eywa.
We laid there after dark, cuddling. Looking at the stars, and taking in this moment we've waited for. Both blissfully in love.