Rough Waters

I woke up this morning to the sound of light rain. I absolutely love the rain, especially swimming in the rain. I am not as strong of a swimmer yet, but I'm working on it.
There's a pretty bad storm coming, so the clan has been running around all day, putting things away and tying thing down.
I wasn't of help anywhere so I figured I would have some fun...
I wander over to the Sully's pod and see Neteyam, Lo'ak, and Tuk just sitting watching their mom organize.
I grab a small shell and throw it at Neteyam. When it hits him, there's this really funny 'wth' look on his face. He looks over and sees me. I hand signal him that I was going for a swim and he should come.

"Mom is it alright if I go see if anyone else needs some help out there?" He asks Neytiri
She looks at him questionably, "can I go too!?" Lo'ak asks
'Great...' I think
"Sure, but be careful please and don't be gone long. Take Tuk with you." She says dismissing them

We all jog towards the water since Tuk isn't very fast. We call to our ilu's and go for a ride. We swim to a nearby coral reef and look around. Neteyam and Tuk stay on their ilu's since the water was getting a little rough, and he was worried about her.
Some of the best treasures surface during a good storm.
"One more dive down and we can go!" I shout
I dive down, grabbing this shiny, sparkly shell, and put it in my sack when I feel a current pull me around. I couldn't get control and hit my head on some rocks.

My ears are ringing, I can't tell where I am, my lungs begin to feel tight like their shriveling up. My vision is started to fade.
I try to get to the surface as fast as I can, but it feels like my body is moving in slow motion. I'm nearly there just keep pushing.

-Neteyam's POV-
She's been down there for a while.. we need to go. The waters too rough and it's getting dark.
"Tuk I'm going to go get her, hold on tight and stay here." I say
I dive down looking for her and panic, she's just floating near the bottom. I swim to her as fast as I can, and I see blood slowly spilling from her head. She's unconscious. I grab her, trying to pull her up as fast as I can. I get her onto my ilu and check if she's breathing. "Bro is she okay?!" Lo'ak asks
"She's not breathing!" I say blowing into her mouth over and over again.
"Get Tuk on your ilu and get her home, I'm gonna get y/n on mine and head home, she's not breathing" I say panicking.

*so basically the whole swimming to the surface was all your imagination*

We get to the shore and I carry her the best that I could to our pod. Mom instructed me to do CPR while she went to get the Tsahìk, Ronal.
I couldn't help myself, I had tears slowly falling down my cheeks. I should have checked on her when she wasn't coming up faster, or also just because of the fact that I wasn't even in the waters because it was so rough. Lo'ak had just been swimming with his ilu so he was okay, but y/n... I should have known better.
Finally mom and Ronal arrived and are working as quickly and efficiently as they can. Y/n's parents were watching from outside, holding each other crying. I feel terrible. Tuk is sad too watching, "come here" I say to Tuk
She comes over and sits in my lap, fidgeting with my fingers to distract herself and I suppose me.

"I've done everything I can, I'm sorry... she's with Eywa now" Ronal says

"Please there must be something else." I interject

"She lost a lot of blood from her head and that mixed with the water filling her lungs... I'm sorry there's just nothing more I can do for her. She hasn't been breathing for a long time. My sincerest sympathies." She says walking away
I carry Tuk and my mom leads us out so that her family can see her. My heart feels crushed.. I just can't believe she's gone. She still had so much to do and learn.

We waited till the next day, to return her body and energy to Eywa since the storms were so bad. They tied her arms and legs together, putting her in a leaf filled with these beautiful pink flowers.
Her parents pulled her out and swam her down to this yellow reef that would essentially return her to Eywa.
My chest felt tight, I couldn't watch. We were just laughing yesterday, talking like normal. She wasn't supposed to die yet, and leave us behind. I feel empty inside.