"Frigid Cap" - Page 10

"As I admire the dawn of the day,
I realize that it's because of you,
That my life has become a dream,
A dream where I always be loved,
A dream where our bond always wins,
A dream where..
I can finally be loved by you."

[]

For the next months that followed my departure, it was quite difficult to be rehabilitated... After all, I was quite crippled and fragile, and if it wasn't for Sinister's help... I wouldn't be sure if I would even be able to survive out here.

Yet he was so gentle, so caring, everything I had always dreamed off, the end of a fairytale that I once thought impossible... The polar opposite to a forbidden and impossible love.

That day, I was still practicing with my flight outside as it had been a really long time that I hadn't used them, considering that it was painful and difficult enough.

- "Don't tire yourself out my love," said Sinister as he was supervising me from below, his soothing and indivisible gaze following my trajectory as I slowly descended, landing safely on the ground as I let out a heavy sigh.

- "I know, I know... It's just troublesome." I muttered out as I looked at him with a soft look on my hooded face, adjusting my hoodie t-shirt as my back muscles were slightly aching.

He let out a soft chuckle as he wrapped his arms around me in a soft, yet warm and firm embrace... Making me sigh in relief as I also embraced him, my wings wrapping around his body as I could just feel his warmth.

- "There, there..." he coohed lovingly as he just caressed the back of my head, making me feel quite at ease as I rested my head softly against his warm torso, not wanting to break out of his embrace...

- "Hey, Frost!" called out a familiar voice as my ears perked, breaking off the comfortable embrace as I looked around, seeing Umbra as I felt more at ease, seeing Sledger alongside her.

I embraced him as I was more than rejoiced to see him, feeling rejoiced and delighted as I looked up at Umbra, nodding slightly, "Thanks for taking care of him," was all that could come from my lips as the gratitude I emitted was more than visible.

- "Aunt Umbra and Uncle Penumbra made me see the theater!! It's really cool!!" Sledger exclaimed in an excited voice as he was full of energy, moving almost frantically as he was more than ecstatic to see me in a - somewhat - normal state.

- "That's good you little rascal," I chuckled playfully as I gazed at Sledger with a loving gaze in my eyes, "Maybe you can tell Papa what happened during it? I just need to speak to Umbra for a bit." I asked him as he nodded, rushing towards Sinister as he started to embrace him... Gosh, these two are my everything.

But I let out a heavy sigh as I got up, looking at Umbra as my gaze became a bit more serious, "Do you have information about Nuclear..?" I demanded in a soft noise as I was a bit curious and eager to know what she had learned... If she found anything, that is.

- "I did found a slight disturbance, but nothing that should be outright dangerous," she responded with a stern tone as she let out a slight sigh afterwards, "Although, I did asked Penumbra to cleanse the area just in case." she continued, looking at me with a rather soft look on her face.