Chapter 16

THE SCENE BEFORE HER WAS MESMERISING. FAIRIES WERE COMING FROM EVERY PART OF THE ISLAND. Beginning to fly, Ella couldn't stop staring below her. She would surely miss this magical place.

When the four children arrived home they immediately noticed their mother and dog sitting nearby the window probably waiting for them to get back.

"Mother?" Ella asked softly and looked at her mother. Her mother was probably waking and Ella turned around and said "Let us break it to her gently" and the four of them went to their beds pretending to be asleep.

Mrs Darling woke up and looked around frantically.

"Oh, Nana. I dreamt my little ones
had come back. I dreamed they were asleep...in their beds. But they will never come back" she said sadly and walked out of the nursery.

They did not understand how she could not see them. But, you see, she saw them in their beds so often in her dreams... that she thought this was just the dream hanging around her still.

When she realised what happened Mrs Darling sprinted towards the nursery and saw her four children standing there.

"Hello, Mother. It really is us" Michael said. "Michael. John. Wendy. Ella"

"We're back" Wendy said. Mrs Darling took them all in a tight hug, bursting into tears that she finally had her babies back.

"George, come quickly!" She said happily. Mr Darling ran quickly into the room straight to the window. "I'm coming.! What is it?"

He turned around and noticed his children. "We're back, Father"

"Did you miss us?" Ella asked. "You're back. Good. Excellent. Well done"But he couldn't keep the formality and bursted out of tears. "Oh, my angel. Of course I missed you" he said and hugged his children never wanting to let them go.

"All right, boys, follow me" a distanced voice was heard. "These young gentlemen say that..." Aunt Milicent continued babbling but stopped when he noticed the gathering in front of her.

"You're back" she said. And then she screamed and went towards the children hugging them tightly and squeezing their cheeks.

Ella quickly stood up taking her sister's hand with her.

"Mother, Father" Ella said trying to get her parent's attention.

"I would like to introduce the Lost Boys" Wendy said. "Hats" Ella whispered.

"May we keep them?" The twins asked the same time. "Well, l-l..." Mr Darling tried to say. "I mean, the expense"

"Think of the neighbors"

"Dash the neighbors!" Mr Darling said all of a sudden confident.

Ella was very surprised by his answer. She looked at him with widened eyes.

"And dash the expense!" He said and turned to the boys.

"Welcome to the family, boys" he said and opened his arms for a hug. The boys immediately ran towards him threw him on the floor.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you"

"Will this help the expense, Father?" Ella suddenly said remembering the insistent at the ship, and opened the bag which was full with gold.

"Anyone for a pony ride?"

Everyone was so happy and enjoying the moment.

There could not have been a lovelier sight, but there was none to see it... except a strange boy who was staring in at the window.

Peter Pan had countless joys... that other children can never know, but he was looking at the one joy... from which he must be forever barred.

"To live would be an awfully big adventure" he whispered and flew away from the window.

Ella caught his shadow and ran quickly towards the window.

"Peter!" He turned around and looked at her. Looking at her from that perspective and not next to her made his heart broke a little.

"You won't forget me, will you?" She said sadly that he was leaving her. "Me? Forget? Never." He said with a smile.

"Will you come back?" Hoping to see him again soon. "To hear stories... about me?" He said with a smirk. "Please don't leave" she pleaded him.

"I have to. Believe me it's hard for me too. But you gotta stay here and become a lawyer or something"

"But what if I don't want to?" She said with tears now rolling on her cheeks. Mrs Darling noticed what was going on and went to the window.

"Ella honey it's alright. You can go." Taken back by her mother's statement she just looked her with a widen expression. "What?" She asked shocked.

"If you want to you can. I cannot let you stay here if you're so unhappy. But you must visit all the time." Mrs darling said with sad expression on her face. Her daughter was leaving. But if that made her happy she was happy too.

Ella couldn't be more happy about her mother being supportive.

Wendy ran immediately at her sister and threw her arms around her. "Promise me you will visit. And write letters" she murmured. "Of course." Ella said with a sad smile.

And with that she turned around and faced Peter who was slightly shocked that Ella chose him over her family.

"Why would you do that?" He asked her and flew close to her. "Because i wanted to" she took a step closer and kissed his cheek.

"Are you ready to go?" She asked him with a slight smirk on her face. "Are you ready to go?"

She looked back at her family and turned around.

"Absolutely"