Chapter 6

Later that night, I ate dinner alone. I snuck out into the back where a dozen cars were parked and examined them all for keys. None of them could be found. Back in the bedroom, Damon continued his routine. He came in late every night,reeking of bourbon and smoke. Sometimes he caressed my thighs or my neck forcefully while I held in my breathing, other nights he didn't bother acknowledging my existence. It was getting boring really, waking up everyday, eating the meal from the staff, and wandering around until night time.

Tonight, Damon had stumbled in as usual. It was just a little past two am. He was on the phone with someone. I shrunk under the covers.

"I can't be in two places at once," he grumbled angrily," I'm going to the training camp after tomorrow to check on the Hybrids and then I've got to pay a visit to Akbur Hills."

At the mention of Akbur Hills, my body stiffened.

"So you take care of it Luke...don't bother me with these stupid questions, kill all of the mortals from Akbur Hills that were involved, even the ones who weren't bitten by the bloodsuckers and make the vampire hostage watch. We can't afford to look merciful again to them."

I stifled a gasp. He was murdering people from Akbur Hills, innocent humans. He could be referring to my father. I knew I had to find a way to convince Damon to let me accompany him to Akbur Hills.

Damon ripped off his clothes, this time not even bothering with a shower. He stumbled onto the bed and lay close enough to me that I could feel his burning skin. It was minutes of silence that led me to believe that he must be asleep. I was mistaken because Damon suddenly turned to face me, one hand gliding on my leg. I sucked in my breath and felt his fingers slide under my pants, now touching my bare skin. I could not help the fire that burned inside of me. I couldn't run away from the urge I felt for him, despite how cruel and wicked Damon was, he was also gorgeous, and his touch on my skin was driving me insane.
I couldn't help but wonder what was taking him so long to take me, did he not find me pretty enough? Does he wish he'd been mated with a different doll?

I gasped out when I felt his palm on my bare stomach. He pressed down and stared into my now open eyes with his perfect ones. I stared at his lips, I wanted so badly to close the distance and kiss him. How could someone so cruel be so irresistible?

"You're awake," he choked out. His warm breath fluttered against the tip of my nose. I nodded. Damon stroked my hair gently beginning at the top of my head. I wanted to flinch away from his touch, but the urge to welcome it was so much more powerful. His hand traveled down to stroke the rest of my hair that was sprawled out into the pillow until he reached the end where he began to wrap it around his wrist. He tugged as he wrapped, slowly ensuing more violent and painful tugs. I let out shaky breaths, my eyes still held to his. Damon didn't say a word, he kept tugging forcefully, his other hand now wrapped around my throat in a tight grip. For a while it was just that whilst the burning pain from his embrace increased. Eventually, his grip on my throat had made it impossible to breathe. I pried at his fingers with both hands but I could not make him budge. My mouth was wide open, he stared right into it as if oblivious that I was in pain.

"You're hurting me," I breathed out, voice low like a whisper. His eyes moved to mine and it took him a minute to comprehend what I had just said. His grip on my neck loosened, and so did the one on my hair. Damon suddenly turned over and minutes later, I heard his quiet snores.
My breathing was skill shakey, even after half an hour had passed. I had gotten up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom to run a bath. In the mirror, I could see a visible bruise where his hands had wrapped around my neck. My throat still felt tight and as I ran my fingers through my hair, I could see that the floor was littered with hair strands. He'd pulled on my hair hard enough to rip it from my scalp.